|A New Light: Part 1|
|Ultraman Dyna, Episode 1|
|Air date||September 6, 1997|
|Screenplay by||Keiichi Hasegawa|
|Directed by||Kazuya Konaka|
|Special skill director||Shinichi Ooka|
Ultraman Tiga: The Final Odyssey
A New Light: Part 2
The story begins when the two top trainees at Training Squad ZERO: Asuka and a local bully, compete on hand to hand combat in a man-ring. However, the bully quickly gains the advantage, so Asuka cheated by pretending that the instructor has just arrived. As soon as the bully turned around to salute to the non-existent instructor, Asuka was below him and jabbed him in the crotch using his fingers.
When the real instructor came, it was revealed that Super GUTS members Ryo and Kohda are here to demonstrate a first real-life squadron assault in outer space. However, only the best will survive since the SGUTS members would be at the minor station before the trainees and shooting will begin even before the assault starts. After a brief and furious battle in which Asuka successfully tagged Ryo and Kohda, the Spheres appeared and began to assault the station. The trainees immedietly switched from practice to battle mode on the GUTS Wing 01, but Ryo had trouble with it since the computer malfunctioned. However, just when Ryo's craft was captured by the Spheres, Asuka rescued the member but was then gunned down himself. As Asuka drifted through space, he encountered a strange light before he fell into unconscious.
After Asuka woke up, he met with one of the member of SGUTS: Mai. After Mai explains to him that he is SGUTS' new member, he meets up with the rest of the team before they are dispatched on a mission to the TPC Mars Base, which was under attack from the Spheres. However, Asuka's recklessness gave the Sphere's monster: Darambia a chance to down his craft. After crashing and injuring the co-pilot Kouda, Asuka rushed out to defend the fallen craft. However, a strange light overtook him and transformed him into Ultraman Dyna. As soon as Dyna appeared, Darambia was blasted apart from the sheer amount of light created during the transformation! But Dyna's victory was not to be celebrated as Darambia's pieces drifted together into a new beast: Neo-Darambia. Will this new giant of light be able to defend Earth?
- Shin Asuka (アスカ・シン Asuka Shin?): Takeshi Tsuruno (つるの 剛士 Tsuruno Takeshi?)
- Gousuke Hibiki (ヒビキ・ゴウスケ Hibiki Gōsuke?): Ryo Kinomoto (木之元 亮 Kinomoto Ryō?)
- Toshiyuki Kouda (コウダ・トシユキ Kōda Toshiyuki?): Toshikazu Fukawa (布川 敏和 Fukawa Toshikazu?)
- Ryo Yumimura (ユミムラ・リョウ Yumimura Ryō?): Risa Saito (斉藤 りさ Saitō Risa?)
- Kouhei Kariya (カリヤ・コウヘイ Kariya Kōhei?): Takao Kase (加瀬 尊朗 Kase Takao?)
- Tsutomu Nakajima (ナカジマ・ツトム Nakajima Tsutomu?): Joe Onodera (小野寺 丈 Onodera Jō?)
- Mai Midorikawa (ミドリカワ・マイ Midorikawa Mai?): Mariya Yamada (山田 まりや Yamada Mariya?)
- Kouki Fukami (フカミ・コウキ Fukami Kōki?): Toshiaki Amada (天田 俊明 Amada Toshiaki?)
- Seiji Miyata (ミヤタ・セイジ Miyata Seiji?): Hiroshi Tsuburaya (円谷 浩 Tsuburaya Hiroshi?)
- Kihachi Gondou (ゴンドウ・キハチ Gondō Kihachi?): Shinobu Kameyama (亀山 忍 Kameyama Shinobu?)
- Saeko Shiina (シイナ・サエコ Shina Saeko?): Yasumi Maezawa (前沢 保美 Maezawa Yasumi?)
- Kazuma Asuka (アスカ・カズマ Asuka Kazuma?): Daisuke Ryu (隆 大介 Ryū Daisuke?)
- Narrator (ナレーター Narētā?): Yūji Machi (真地 勇志 Machi Yūji?)
- The plot used in this episode would later be recycled for the first episode of Ultraman Gaia in 1998
- The episode was the first to involve a monster being destroyed solely by the energies of Dyna's transformation.
- Super GUTS' GUTS Eagle pays homage to Ultra Garrison's Ultra Hawk.
- Ultraman Dyna Volume 1 Features Episodes 1-4.