"This is the Emperor of the Universe, Alien Bado. I have been here once before to your galaxy. But back then Planet Earth was just a ball of fire. There were no living beings in your galaxy, except on Pluto. However, we annihilated them, because no other beings other than us should be in this galaxy. As this is the case... Of course, Earth is next."
- ―Alien Bado to Dr. Miyabe, "Project Blue"
|Home world:||Bado Star|
|First appearance:||Ultraseven Episode 19: "Project Blue" (1968)|
|Latest appearance:||Ultraman Geed Episode 11: "The Geed Identity" (2017)|
|Height:||2 ~ 40 m|
|Weight:||80 kg ~ 5,000 t|
|Affiliation:||Beryudora (Back Part)|
Alien Bado (バド星人 Bado Seijin) are an alien race from the planet Bado that appeared in the TV series, Ultraseven. An Alien Bado appeared in episode 19.
Subtitle: Space Emperor (宇宙帝王 Uchū Teiō)
- Height: 2 ~ 40 m
- Weight: 80 kg ~ 5,000 t
- Origin: Planet Bado
According to Alien Bado, his people visited Earth's solar system, back when Earth was still forming. They wiped out the only form of life in the system at the time, on Pluto. They did this because they believed that no other form of life should exist besides their species.
Alien Bado was an alien who referred to himself as "The Emperor of Space." He planned on destroying the Earth, along with his fleet, but was forced to take the duty alone as his followers were unable to enter the Earth thanks to a barrier surrounding it known as "Project Blue," created by Dr. Miyabe of the Ultra Garrison. Angered by the scientist's creation, Alien Bado invaded Dr. Miyabe's summer house and transformed it into a ship, where he physiologically tormented Dr. Miyabe as Bado searched for the blueprints to Project Blue. Once the Ultra Garrison found out of Bado's infiltration, they soon arrived on the scene to investigate what was happening until they too, as well as Miyabe’s wife were all attacked by Alien Bado, who attacked with his pistol. During the commotion, Dan transformed into Ultra Seven to stop Alien Bado himself, but the alien noticed Ultra Seven's presence and so tried to escape Earth with his prisoners. Luckily, Ultra Seven grew into his giant size and was able to crash the ship out of the Earth’s atmosphere. However, Bado wasn’t finished yet and he morphed into a giant form to battle Ultra Seven as well. Eventually once an opening was found, Ultraseven hit Bado with one strong punch in the face, knocking Bado into the air and on top of Ultraseven, who then held him up high and slammed him back onto the ground on his head, causing Bado to regurgitate blood before dying.
- Alien Bado, is the first villainous race that desired to destroy Earth, not conquer it, for no other reason than because they could.
- Although not physically seen, Alien Bado is one of the monsters that makes up Beryudora's back in Mega Monster Battle: Ultra Galaxy Legend The Movie.
- Alien Bado was referred to as "Wayne, Lord of the Universe" in the TNT Dub of Ultraseven.
- In the subtitled version of Ultraseven, when Dr. Miyabe asks who is the unknown voice talking to him, Alien Bado says, "This the King of the Universe, the Budd."
- Alien Bado stated to Dr. Miyabe, that he hadn't visited Earth since it was a ball of fire and gas. Alien Bado, in theory, would have to be at least 4.5 billion years old if he visited Earth before any forms of life existed.
- The design of Alien Bado was said to have been influenced by American Special Effects work.
- Bado's battle with Seven was said to be heavily inspired by professional wrestling.
- Originally, multiple human sized Bados were to appear and later merge to form one giant entity at the end of the episode.
- Alien Bado appeared in episode 23 of Space Ghost Coast to Coast, when Space Ghost attempted to get Mystery Science Theater 3000's former host, Joel Hodgson, to make fun of a film with him.
Alien Bado returned in episode 11 of Ultraman Geed, making his first reappearance after almost 50 years. He was a sniper hired by Kei Fukuide to kill Laiha Toba, but ended up being killed by flying debris during Geed's battle with Pedanium Zetton.
- Voice actor: Holly Kaneko
- His title as a Space Emperor is an irony, since this individual is a hired sniper who took orders to assassinate his targets.
- Bado's position was meant to be taken by a Cicada Woman, but an unused Bado mask was found from previously unusable circumstances and used instead.
Powers and Weapons
- Explosive Device/Fire Bomb: Alien Bado is equipped with a bomb that is capable of destroying Planet Earth. However, the bomb was taken by Ultraseven into space.
- Flying Saucer: Alien Bado can use a Flying Saucer to travel to different planets or attempt to escape danger.
- Flying Saucer Blade: Alien Bado's defense mechanism against beings trying to infiltrate his ship is a Metal Circular Blade that is shown to cut through metal when Ultraseven tried to stop it.
- Confession Beam: Alien Bado can use the Confession Beam to make his subjects confess or reveal the truth towards something. However, it can be resisted as Dr. Miyabe was able to resist its effects.
- Invisibility: Alien Bado can become invisible at will. This will be turned off upon death.
- Size Change: Alien Bado can increase his own size to match that of his opponents.
- Needle Gun (ニードルガン Nīdoru Gan): Alien Bado is equipped with a pistol that can shoot small yellow energy blasts.
- Space Meriken (宇宙メリケン Uchū Meriken): Alien Bado carries with him a pair of spiked brass knuckles that he uses in combat.
- Ultraman Geed
- Space Rifle (宇宙ライフル Uchū Raifuru): Bado has a sniper rifle in his inventory.
Alien Bado is a cowardly fighter, often resorting to dirty or underhanded tactics when faced with an unbeatable foe. For example, he will resort to throwing rocks or using Brass Knuckles.