|Home world:||Planet Hipporito|
|First appearance:||Ultraman Ace episode 26: "Total Annihilation! The Five Ultra Brothers"|
|Latest appearance:||Ultraman Orb The Movie: Lend Me The Power of Bonds! (2017)|
The Darkness Five
Alien Hipporito (ヒッポリト星人 Hipporito Seijin? Hipporito Star-people), also known as Alien Hipporit, are a race of aliens apparently hailing from a Hell-like world. One member attempted to attack Earth following Yapool's defeat.
Subtitle: Alien Hell (地獄星人 Jigoku Seijin? Hell Star-man)
After Yapool was defeated by Ultraman Ace, he went to recover in his own dimension. Alien Hipporito took advantage of the relative calm, and traveled to Earth to kill Ace and the other Ultra Brothers. Hipporito first appeared in a city, calling out to Ace to demonstrate his power to the Ultra by decapitating a giant statue of Ace before teleporting away. TAC soon found Hipporito in a desert area and attacked him. But TAC's fighters were easily downed by Hipporito's strength and Ultraman Ace appeared on the scene.
During the fight, Ultraman Ace and Hipporito were roughly matched in strength until Hipporito trapped Ace inside a glass chamber that appeared out of nowhere, where Ace was doused in an unusual liquid and gas inside the chamber. Then to everyone's shock, after a few seconds the chamber disappeared to reveal Ace turned into a giant statue composed of jade, but not before sending an Ultra Sign to the other Ultra Brothers (Ultraman, Zoffy, Ultraseven, and Ultraman Jack) who rushed to the scene. Shortly after discovering the jaded statue of Ace, Hipporito appeared and trapped Ultraman and Zoffy into the glass chambers before they could even attack. Seven and Jack rolled away in time, with the former fighting Hipporito but overpowered by his strength. Jack was trapped in a chamber after attempting to use his bracelet to free his brothers, leaving Seven alone. The alien easily overpowered the hero and trapped him in a statue chamber, thus turning all the Ultra Brothers into statues of jade.
With the Ultra Brothers now incapacitated, TAC were the only ones left to stop Hipporito's world conquest. However, none of their weapons were strong enough to do any harm to Hipporito, and the team were then surrounded in a ring of fire created by the alien. Suddenly, a large, green energy ball fell from the sky and attacked Hipporito. It was revealed to be none other than the Father of Ultra. Proceeding first by rescuing TAC and freeing Ace from his jade coating with the Ultra Shower, The Father of Ultra seemed to have Hipporito under control with his energy attacks, such as the Crescent Shot and the Ultra Array, and superior strength, until Hipporito blinded and injured Ultra Father with his laser attacks. Weakened, the Father of Ultra gave his color timer to Ultraman Ace, reviving his adopted son before dying himself from Hipporito's injuries. Now revived and fueled with the Father of Ultra's energy, Ace beat down Hipporito with ease. After a combination of TAC's weapons as well as his own, Hipporito was finally destroyed by Ace's Metallium Beam. Ace proceeded to revive the Ultra Brothers and the group managed to revive the Father of Ultra, bringing him back to Nebula M78 afterwards.
- Alien Hipporito is the first alien defeated all of Ultra Brothers at this time.
- The randomization of Alien Hipporito subtitle is Jigoku Seijin which means his Home world is similar to Hell.
- Alien Hipporito's screeching cries are altered Muruchi roars.
- There was a lot of confusion between Hipporito's name for a long time. This was because Hipporito's debut episode gave him the title of simply Hipporito, in the following episode, he was referred to as Alien Hipporito by the title card and other characters. his name was finally confirmed to be Alien Hipporito some time after Ace's broadcast.
- In the prequel movie Ultraman Story, it is said that Juda summoned Alien Hipporito to kill the Ultra Brothers and Planet Hipporito (the alien's homeworld) was among the planet which were successfully invaded by Juda.
- Alien Hipporito's first design in Ultraman Ace series, is never used in any future Ultraman's franchise, with the exception of Ultraman Fighting Evolution 0 and Mega Monster Battle: ULTRA MONSTERS.
- Several manga interpretations of Ace show that Hipporito can spray Hipporito Tar from his mouth as well as the capsules. This ability has yet to be seen in any other form of media.
- Alien Hipporito's Original Form was one of the monsters that made up Beryudora's Right Arm in Mega Monster Battle: Ultra Galaxy Legend The Movie.
Superior Ultraman 8 Brothers
After King Pandon was destroyed by Ultraman Mebius, a glass chamber suddenly formed around Mebius and he was doused in an unusual liquid and gas inside the chamber, which quickly transformed Mebius into a Bronze statue that was left on the harbor where he beat King Pandon. A dark cloud then emerged from the sky forming into Super Alien Hipporito, the leader of the invasion of monsters. Super Alien Hipporito warned humanity of their destruction now with Mebius defeated and that there is no hope left for the people of Earth. The alien then vanished into thin air, but not before unleashing two more monsters upon humanity: King Silvergon and King Goldras.
Later that night as his monsters were continuing their path of destruction, Super Alien Hipporito returned to join them in the destruction, continuing his goading to the humans of their destruction. Still with hope inside of him, Daigo transforms to Ultraman Tiga to confront the three monsters. However despite Tiga’s strength over King Silvergon and King Goldras, Super Alien Hipporito assaulted Tiga himself and the hero was over powered by the three monsters. Then just as Hipporito tried to transform Tiga into a bronze statue like Ultraman Mebius. However, Asuka and Gamu appeared and transform to Ultraman Dyna and Ultraman Gaia respectively, saving Tiga. Now three on three, the odds were now evened and Super Alien Hipporito fought Tiga by himself. Super Alien Hipporito was no match for Ultraman Tiga and was ultimately destroyed by the Zepellion Ray. After his defeat He, & the other defeated monsters combined into Giga Khimaira. It was defeated by the 8 Ultra Brothers.
- Voice actor: Ryuzaburo Otomo
- During the time of the film's promotion, Super Alien Hipporito and the 8 Ultra Brothers perform a PSA about not using phones in the theater. It can be watched HERE.
- Despite being called a "Super" variation, his suit instead would be used to represent the Heisei incarnations of Alien Hipporito.
- This incarnation of Alien Hipporito's Hipporito Capsule turns his opponents into bronze statues instead of jade.
- This Hipporito is consistently referred to differently throughout the film and promotional materials attached to it. In the film he is never given the title of Super, but mainly referred as just Alien Hipporito by most, except Dan Moroboshi who calls Hipporito Alien. The only time he is given his full title of Super Alien Hipporito is in the theater manners video above.
Mega Monster Battle: Ultra Galaxy Legend The Movie
Alien Hipporito was revivied as Super Alien Hipporito in the movie Mega Monster Battle: Ultra Galaxy Legend The Movie.
Super Alien Hipporito was one of Ultraman Belial's 100 Monster Army. He teamed up with Alien Temperor, Telesdon, Arstron, and Zoa Muruchi to take on Gomora. Hipporito, as well as the rest of the surviving monstes was then called back by Belial to watch Reionic Burst Gomora fight the Ultras. When Zero arrived, Hipporito teamed up with the remaining monsters totake Zero down. He was the last monster killed by Ultraman Zero's Zero Sluggers, behind Earthron, King Pandon, Velokron, and Sadora. Super Alien Hipporito survived the longest of the king monsters. King Pandon was 2nd place.
- Instead of his Super Form, Alien Hipporito's Original Form was one of the monsters that made up Beryudora's Right Arm in Mega Monster Battle: Ultra Galaxy Legend The Movie.
Ultra Zero Fight, Ultraman Retsuden/Shin Ultraman Retsuden
- Main article: Jathar
He can also be seen in a couple of shots in later epsiodes as part of Dark Lugiel's collection along with Mochiron, Gan-Q, Alien Babarue, Mecha Baltan, Goldras, Birdon, Dada, Ace Killer, Deathfacer, Gatanothor, Twin Tail, Gigi, and a lot of other monsters and aliens. It is likely that he returned to space in his original form after Ultraman Ginga defeated the darkness that turned Hipporito into a Spark Doll.
An Alien Hipporito appeared in the movie under the name Callisto (カリスト Karisuto?), summoned by Mulnau via the Dark Ring alongside Alien Guts Doppel and Alien Temperor Batista as part of her Dark Alien Army to finish off Ultraman Orb, who was about to be finished by Alien Gapiya Sadeath at the time. The three of them unleashed their signature attacks on the Ultra, with Callisto's being his lasers, knocking him down in the process and leaving him wide open for the three of them to capture Orb for Mulnau and transported away, leaving Sadeath frustrated.
He was later ordered by Mulnau to help out Deavorick alongside Temperor and later grew giant together and fought against Ultraman Orb in his new Orb Trinity, who effortlessly defeated Sadeath, until Zeppandon showed up to give the Ultra a hand. Callisto took on the fusion kaiju alongside Temperor and while they had trouble with him at first, but later on, the kaiju ran out of fire and found himself at the mercy of Temperor and Hipporito as they beat them up and defeated him with their flames and lasers respectively, forcing Zeppandon to revert back to Jugglus Juggler's human form, and then joined Deavorick in ganging up and beating up Orb alongside Temperor.
Just as things seemed bleak, Jugglus used his powers to cast away the Dark Ring, which resulted in the Ultra Warriors, Ginga, Victory, & X being freed from being space jewels after they unleashed energy blasts at the trio. After being joined by Guts, the alien army launched their attacks on the Ultras, who deflected and dodged the attacks and Callisto ended up fighting Ultraman Victory alongside Temperor, who chose to fight Ultraman Ginga. During their fight, the Hipporito unleashed his signature laser attack on Victory, but the latter jumped up to dodge it and then counterattacked with a Victorium Slash. Later on, the alien duo decided to end their fight when Victory and Ginga summoned the Shepherdon Saber and Ginga Spark respectively and launched their combined attack against the Ultras' Ginga Victory Ultimatum, but the latter won the beam struggle in the end, resulting in the two aliens being destroyed, and ending their service to Mulnau.
- Voice actor: Hirohisa Ota (Jungle Pocket)
- He is named after one of the four moons of Jupiter.
- Height: 50 m,
- Weight: 63,000 t,
- Origin: Planet Hipporito,
- Powers and Weapons
- Hipporito Capsule (ヒッポリトカプセル Hipporito Kapuseru?): Hipporito can create special chambers specifically designed to trap beings like Ultras that can appear from nowhere, secrete a green liquid (known as Hipporito Tar (ヒッポリトタール Hipporito Tāru?)) from within, and create a gas that ultimately turns the victim into a jade statue.
- Teleportation: Hipporito can teleport himself and objects at will.
- Flamming Chop: Hipporito can increase his physical attacks by surrounding his hands with fire.
- Hipporito Eye Rifle (ヒッポリトアイライフル Hipporito Ai Raifuru?): Hipporito can launch lightning like beams from his eyes.
- Blinding Sparks: From his eyes on his face and antennae Hipporito can create blinding sparks from his eyes.
- Twin Belly Lasers: From the red spot on his chest, Hipporito can launch two strong red lasers.
- Flame Hell (火炎地獄 Kaen Jigoku?): Hipporito can emit a deadly stream of fire from his tentacle mouth.
- Hipporito Missiles (ヒッポリトミサイル Hipporito Misairu?): Hipporito can launch heat-seeking missiles from his hands.
- Explosive Smoke: Hipporito can exhale a white smoke from his tentacle mouth with explosive properties.
- Hipporito Beam (ヒッポリトビーム Hipporito Bīmu?): Hipporito can launch three strong lightning bolts from the three antennae on top of his head.
- Illusion: Hipporito can make an illusion of himself.
- Wind Hell (風地獄 Kaze Jugoku?): The ability to manipulate winds.
- Main article: Jathar
- Height: 60 m
- Weight: 65,000 t
- Origin: Planet Hipporito
Powers and Weapons
- Dark Energy Sphere: Jathar's most noticeable power he can create a sphere of evil energy and turn his victims into bronze statues.
- Shape-Shifting: It is assumed that Jathar can shape-shift into anything seeing as he could shape-shift into Mother of Ultra.
- Height: Unknown
- Weight: Unknown
- Origin: Planet Hipporito
Powers and Weapons
- Dark Electric Sphere: The Imitation Mother of Ultra can create a sphere of evil energy and turn victims into bronze statues.
- Height: 60 m
- Weight: 65,000 t
- Origin: Yokohama (Superior 8 Ultra Brothers), Monster Graveyard (Ultra Galaxy Legends)
- Powers and Weapons
- Hipporito Capsule (ヒッポリトカプセル Hipporito Kapuseru?): Similar to his Showa counterpart, Super Alien Hipporito can create a glass capsule specifically designed to trap Ultras that can appear from nowhere, secrete Hipporito Tar (ヒッポリトタール Hipporito Tāru?) gas from within, that ultimately turns the victim into a Bronze Statue.
- Hipporito Fire Bomb (ヒッポリト・ファイヤーボム Hipporito Faiyā Bomu?): Super Alien Hipporito can spit large purple fireballs from his tentacle mouth. Medium in strength.
- Breast Crusher (ブレストクラッシャー Buresuto Kurasshā?): A stronger variation of his "Twin Belly Lasers" Super Alien Hipporito can fire a massive red laser from the red orb on his chest.
- Flight: Super Alien Hipporito can fly at great speeds that match those of Ultraman Tiga.
- Dark Cloud(Name Unknown): Super Alien Hipporito can travel great distances by encasing himself in a cloud of darkness.
- Ultraman Orb
- Himpera Ray/Tepporito Ray (ヒムペラ光線/テッポリト光線 Himupera Kōsen/Tepporito Kōsen?): A combination attack beam with Batista.
Mega Monster Rush Ultra Frontier: DINO-TANK Hunting
An Alien Hipportio, along with an Alien Temperor and Kyrieloid, was one of the second team of aliens trying to take down Dinosaur Tank. Even after a combination of Hipporito's antenna beams, Temperor's electric beams, and Kyrieloid's fireballs, Dinosaur Tank was still unfazed. The kaiju finished them off by firing his cannons at them, making them dizzy, and then squashed them like bugs with his right arm.
|Ultraman Ace Kaiju & Seijin|
|Verokron | Yapool | Chameleking | Vakishim | Garan | Aribunta | Giron Man | Brocken | Alien Metron.Jr | Doragory | Muruchi II | Gammas | Zaigon | Alien Antira | Unitang | Sabotendar | Barabba | Ace Killer | King Crab | Cattle God | Cowra | She-Devil | Hotarunga | Black Pigeon | Android Couple | King Kappa | Zemistlar | Aprasar | Aprasar Fairy | Space Mask | Black Satan | Giant Yapool | Mazaron Man | Yojo | Mazarius | Alien Orion | Sphinx | Alien Hipporito | Lunaticks | Undergroundmon | Gitagitanga | Red Jack | Baktari | Coakes | Bad Baalon | Kaiteigagan | Dreamgillas | Soundgillar | Machless | Snowgiran | Namahage | Alien Fire | Firemons | Alien Steal | Kaimanda | Shishigoran | Iceron | Woo II | Fubigirara | Onidevil | Gasegon | Daidarahoshi | Hanzagiran | Verokron II | Yapool Woman | Univerlages | Aquarius | Alien Revole | Signalion | Geegon | Alien Simon | Jumbo King|
|Ultra Zero Fight Kaiju & Seijin|
|Season 1||Gurashie | Bemular | Telesdon | Gudon | Sadola | Red King | EX Red King | Galberos | Bemstar | Gan Q | Pigmon|
|Season 2||Surai | Jathar | Virainias | Deathrog | Glocken | King Silvergon | Fanegon People | Armored Darkness | Tyrant|