|Home world:||Planet Spell|
|First appearance:||Ultraseven Episode 12: "From a Planet With Love" (1967)|
|Height:||1.7 m ~ 40 m|
|Weight:||60 kg ~ 15,000 t|
Subtitle: Bloodsucking Alien (吸血宇宙人 Kyūketsu Uchūjin?)
- Height: 1.7 ~ 40 m
- Weight: 60 kg ~ 15,000 t
- Origin: Planet Spell
After a young girl is found lying dead in the street, the Ultra Garrison is called in to investigate and discovered that the watch she was wearing might have contributed to her death. The Ultra Garrison went on reconnaissance work until they found a vendor selling the same watches. After following him to a strange building, they discovered that he was an alien (known as Alien Spell) talking with the council from his home world. Alien Spell and his council began to speak of eliminating humans so they wouldn't massacre their race with nuclear war like on their own world. The next day a strange ad popped up in the newspaper telling children to stop by the strange building for free watches. The Ultra Garrison did their best to stop the children from entering and barely managed to hold them off. Following that, a building exploded with Alien Spell growing in size and terrorizing them. The Ultra Garrison sent their fighters to stop him, but Alien Spell sent his saucer after them and managed to hold one of the fighters in place so he could attack it. Alien Spell managed to flee, and was found later that day attacking a young boy in the forest. He was quickly shot at by the Ultra Garrison. Alien Spell grew once again and started a new battle against the Ultra Garrison. As the battle started to become grim, Dan turned into Ultraseven. Even with the assistance of his saucer, Alien Spell was of little match for Ultraseven, and after his saucer was destroyed by the Ultra Garrison he tried to flee. Ultraseven used his Eye Slugger to slice Alien Spell in half vertically.
- Episode 12 of Ultraseven was banned in Japan because it offended hibakusha (victims of the atomic bombings) due to the design of the Alien Spell, with resembles an atom bomb survivor, complete with keloid scars. Hibakusha are subject to terrible discrimination in Japan and the episode was regarded to be in poor taste. However, the episode was shown in the TNT English dub. The episode was omitted when the show was released on DVD in the United States.
- Alien Spell was intended to look more like a beetle than humanoid.
- His original name was slightly different, that being Alien Subell (スベル星人 Suberu Seijin?).
Powers and Abilities
- Toxic Watches: Alien Spell has watches with a red chemical that can kill whatever wears them long enough.
- Human Disguise: Alien Spell can disguise himself as a human.
- Size Change: Alien Spell can alter his size from human sized to around Ultraseven's.
- Saucer: Alien Spell can summon a saucer to assist it. This saucer can fire a laser that can freeze it's shots in place until it is hit and can use telekinesis. It can also release a circular barrier that can twirl fighters around and flash very bright lights that can blind the likes of Ultraseven.
- Flight: Alien Spell can fly at medium speeds.
- Laser Vision: Alien Spell can release viridian (light green) lasers from his eyes.