|First Appearance:||Ultraman Gaia Episode 3: "His Name Is Gaia"|
|Latest Appearance:||Shin Ultraman Retsuden Episode 64: "Alien Chibu Exceller's Super Analysis of Five King Part 2" (flashback cameo)|
Subtitle: Metal Organism (金属生命体 Kinzoku Seimeitai)
- Height: 52.5 m
- Weight: 52,000 t
- Origin: Space
Apatee was an organism in space, created by the Root of Destruction, who saw Ultraman Gaia's battle against C.O.V. and approached Earth in the form of a spaceship. However, he was discovered by GUARD of Europe, and using the video footage of him, XIG determined that he is metallic organism. As Apatee reached a desert, the XIG Peacecarry brought the SS and SG fighters to the site and immediately opened fire on him. However, Apatee cleverly pretended to crash, then morphed into spikes and threw himself at Fighter three, piercing its wing. Then it uniformed into a humanoid form and used his spear to down Fighter two. A frequency was picked up around him, allowing Gamu to realize why Apatee was using such a humanoid form. Gamu then jumped from the Peacecarry, and transformed into Ultraman Gaia.
After Gaia appeared, the two fought and Gaia gained the upper hand. However, Apatee was not down yet and shifted himself a suit of armor. The two fought again, and Gaia was beaten down due to Apatee's improved speed and stamina. Soon, Apatee began to slash at the giant with his spear and trap him using his spikes as a cage. However, Peacecarry blew away some of the spikes, allowing Gaia to escape. Unfortunately, Gaia lost much of his health from the attack and soon fell over, as his color timer blinked. Apatee rose again, and Gaia used the rest of his energy to attack the organism with the Quantum Stream. But Apatee prove himself resistant to that and rose again, this time using a javelin. Just as the organism was about to kill Gaia by descending a spear on his head, a blue light hit him and Apatee exploded, allowing Gaia to see the other Ultraman: Agul.
- When Apatee falls, the sound of shattering glass is played.
- Apatee's roars are the sound of elephant trumpets and bending metal sped up.
- Apatee also creates the noise of falling metal bars when he runs or walks.
- Apatee's design seems based on several of the Principality of Zeon's Mobile Weapons from Mobile Suit Gundam, primarily MS-06 Zaku II and YMS-15 Gyan.
Powers and Weapons
- Shapeshifting Metal (形状変化金属 Keijō Henka Kinzoku): Although his body is made of steel, Apatee can morph his body at will.
- Spikes: Apatee can transform his body into several large spikes that electrify when touched.
- Armor: Apatee can morph himself a suit of armor that enhances his speed and stamina.
- Spear: Apatee can morph his right hand into a sword like spear that can slash.
- Javelin: Apatee can morph himself a sharp javelin used to kill opponents, much like the spear.
- Spaceship: Apatee can morph himself into a spaceship for travel.
- Resistance: Apatee is resistant to weaker beams, such as the Quantum Stream, and will require two beams to kill him.
Mega Monster Battle NEO: Ultra Monsters Arcade Game
Apatee reappeared in the Mega Monster Battle NEO: Ultra Monster arcade game in a card form as an ability card (yellow). The ability works by increasing the players attack and defense by 100 for the round they used it in only.
Toy release information
Apatee was first released as an Ultra Monster Series figure, labelled no. 123 in 1998. The figure is also re-released as an Ultra Monster series EX line in 2009, with grey mold and gun metal paint jobs (The color timer & the eye remains the same as the 1998 release). Tamashii Nations also created a prototype of an Ultra-Act Apatee figure (currently sample display).