- ―Astra's catchphrase
|Age:||10,000 years old|
|Home world:||Nebula L77 in the Leo Constellation (Birthplace)|
|Voice actor(s):||Junji Maruyama|
|Suit actor(s):||Kinichi Kusumi|
|First Appearance:||Ultraman Leo Episode 22: "The Leo Brothers vs the Monster Brothers|
|Last Appearance:||Ultra Fight Victory|
|Number of Appearances:||6 (Ultraman Leo)|
1 (Ultraman Mebius)
|Family:||Ultraman Leo (Older Brother)|
Ultraman King (Adoptive Father)
Astra (アストラ, Asutora?) is the younger brother of Ultraman Leo. He came to Earth after learning that Leo had survived the destruction of their home planet Nebula L-77 and has appeared several times to assist his brother.
The younger brother of Ultraman Leo, Astra came from the desert Nebula L77 of the Leo constellation. After the destruction of L77 by the Alien Magma, Leo, Astra, and Leo's pet monster Ron were the last survivors, although at the time Leo was unaware that the other two had survived. While Leo and Ron separately made their way to Earth, Astra was captured and held prisoner by the Alien Magma until he was eventually rescued by Ultraman King. After King told him of Leo's survival, Astra headed for Earth and rescued his brother during a battle against Garon and Littre. Ever since, Astra has assisted Leo in fighting several different aliens that were too powerful for Leo to defeat by himself.
At one point, Alien Babalou froze Astra in a special type of ice in space and took his identity in order to steal the Ultra Key. After Ultraman King revealed that the Astra the Ultra Brothers were fighting was in fact Babalou, Leo saved Astra from his icy imprisonment. Astra returned the Ultra Key, narrowly saving the Earth and the Ultra Planet from colliding. He and his brother became the first Ultra Brothers that were born outside of Nebula M78. Following this, Astra aided Leo in destroying the Saucer Monster Hangler.
Throughout the events of Ultraman Mebius, Astra is the least active of the Ultra Brothers. However he is present during the series finale, assisting his brother Leo is using the Ultra Double Flasher in destroying the coating that was surrounding the sun.
Ultra Galaxy Mega Monster Battle Legends the MovieEdit
Astra appeared in this film, watching over Ultraman Zero’s training with Ultraman Leo. When Seven’s eye slugger was sent as an S.O.S., Ultraman King sent Zero to the battle, followed shortly by Leo and Astra. When they arrived, Zero had already defeated Belial and blasted him in to a river of molten magma but no sooner had they arrived, the spirits of 100 monsters started to flow towards Belial and formed Beryudora. Leo and Astra then did their Ultra Double Flasher attack while every one else attacked Beryudora together until Zero finished him off. Astra and Leo then returned to the Land of Light with the others.
Ultraman Zero The Movie: The Revenge of BelialEdit
Astra reappeared in this movie as he gave energy along with the other Ultras of the Land of Light to create Zero's travel sphere. He appears near the end to protect the Land of Light from the Darklops army and is beaten until Zero beats Kaiser.
Dark Spark WarEdit
Prior to the Ultraman Ginga TV series, Astra participated in the Dark Spark War but this time he fought not only alongside with the Ultra Brothers but, with the other Ultras that came from other universes and their allies against Evil. While in midst of battle, Dark Lugiel turned every Ultra alongside their allies, monsters, and aliens into Spark Dolls. With the war over an unknown warrior appeared and faced Dark Lugiel but like the others he also turned into a Spark Doll. The location of Astra's doll is unknown, but could be with Leo's Spark Doll, which is also unknown.
Astra returned to his original form along with all the Ultras after Ginga defeated Dark Lugiel.
Ultra Fight VictoryEdit
Profile, Features and TechniquesEdit
- Height: 50 meters
- Weight: 49,000 tons (46,000 tons in the old configuration)
- Age: 10,000 years (20,000 years in the old configuration, as twin brother of Leo)
- Flight Speed: Mach 10 (Mach 20 in the old configuration)
- Running Speed: 900 kilometers per hour (700 km in the old configuration)
- Underwater Speed: 140 knots
- Jump Distance: 400 meters.
- Vision: He can see as far as 10 kilometers.
- Brawn: Not set
- Beam Lamp: The crystal one Astra's forehead, like his brothers it doesn't react to his strength but can be used to fire beams.
- Protector: The armor on Astra's upper body.
- Color Timer: Like his brother and presumably other Ultras from L-77, Astra possesses a Color Timer.
- Astra Sign: Like Leo's Leo Symbol, the Astra Symbol is Astra's written name and a symbol of his royal status on L-77
- Chain: A remnant of his time as a captive of the Alien Magma before he was rescued by Ultraman King.
- Ultra Double Flasher: With the help of Leo, Astra and his brother can fire a very powerful red beam of lightning together from their hands, able to destroy several or powerful monsters.
- Electron Beam (Never Shown): A beam from Astra's Beam Lamp
- Ultra Double Spark: A combination technique used with Leo to repair the Ultra Key.
- Astra Shower: A water jet from Astra's hands. Used in episode 36.
- Astra Iron Punch: Punching technique, never seen.
- Astra Spike Kick: Kicking technique, never seen.
- Color Timer Flash: Astra can use his color timer to create a large, flash of white light that can blind foes for a short time.
- Double Kick: A combination kick with Leo, used on Alien Atlanta.
- Blind Tactics: Floating/standing with the sun behind him, Astra amplifies the sunlight and temporarily blinds his opponent.
- Astra Kick: Performed just like Leo's version, Astra jumps 1,000 meters into the air and charges his foot with energy, striking his opponent with a powerful jumpkick, it can destroy monsters with one blow. Used in Ultraman Fighting Evolution
- Size Adjustment: Astra can change his size at will, ranging from microscopic sizes to 50 meters.
- Combustion: Astra can cause monsters to explode by shrinking down and flying through their digestive track.
- Judo: Like his brother, Astra is highly skilled in Martial Arts, able to perform suplexes, throws, chops, and flips.
- Astra Ultra Shooter: An energy beam from his color timer.
- Flash Travel:Astra usually travels to Earth and presumably other places through a red travel ball.
Toy Release InfoEdit
Astra was released as an Ultra Hero Series figure, as in no.10 in the 2000 release. In the 2004 Release, he was pushed to no.40 and replaced by Evil Tiga in no.10. However in the 2009 Release, he was pulled back to no.10.
Please expand if you found some Astra merchandise & clean this page.
- Astra is the first known secondary Ultra to be the sibling of the main Ultra, he is also the first regular secondary Ultra.
- It is unknown which of the twins is younger but Astra is generally believed to be the younger brother.
- Within the actual Leo series, Astra was simply known as Leo's brother but later on was cemented as his Twin.
- Astra's different or lack of a crest is said to be from the destruction of his home and his time as a prisoner of Alien Magma, that upon his escape and recovery his face needed reconstruction.
- Astra's rescuer was originally planned to be Father of Ultra but was instead changed to Ultraman King.
- Astra is Latin for "star."
- While Leo is based on Ultraseven, Astra is based on Leo and is thus a Unique Type Ultra.
- Astra was intended to appear in Ultraman Zero versus Darklops Zero, but was cut. He was also intended for Ultraman Saga, joining the Ultra Brothers in a battle that was also cut. He would have fought Tyrant and it would have been the first time Astra, Seven and Leo fought together.