"Maga-Basser appears, calls forth storms, and wipes away all on the land"
- ―Maga-Basser in Pacific records
|First Appearance:||Ultraman Orb Episode 1: "The Sunset Wanderer"|
|Latest Appearance:||Ultraman R/B Episode 5: "Farewell, Icarus"|
|Affiliation:||Jugglus Juggler (Master/Summoner)|
Makoto Aizen (Master/Summoner)
Basser (バッサー Bassā) is a species of bird-like kaiju that debuted in Ultraman Orb as Maga-Basser (
- Maga: King Demon Beast of Wind (風ノ魔王獣 Kaze no Maō-jū)
- Gue: Raptor Monster (猛禽怪獣 Mōkin Kaijū)
Ultraman Orb Chronicle Chapter 6-0: Overture
Maga-Basser was sealed within the ionosphere above the North Arctic until Juggler freed it via Peguila's Kaiju Card.
One peaceful day in Kitchitachi, Tokyo, an ancient bird-like monster who slept in the ionosphere suddenly woke up and wreaked havoc on the city with its powers of aerokinesis to create a Maga-Storm. According to the SSP, it occurred every few days and vanished just as suddenly. The team went into the open to investigate the strange phenomenon when suddenly, the monster got riled up and created the storm again. They decided to go inside the storm to get some answers and, when they were lifted by one of the tornadoes, what they found was the "King Demon Beast of Wind", Maga-Basser and a giant of light who quickly dispatched the monster for the moment.
Not only did the monster cause a lot of trouble in all of Tokyo with its storms, but, in accordance to the butterfly effect, it also created seven typhoons that popped up all over the Pacific. Maga-Basser eventually created his storm again and, when the storm cleared, he decided to reveal himself to all of Tokyo. The giant of light, who introduced himself as Ultraman Orb, also revealed himself in his Spacium Zeperion form and the two giants fought each other again.
They kept their fight evenly matched with their combat prowess and aerial advantages respectively. After Maga-Basser unleashed his Maga-Shockwave at him, Orb summoned his Sperion Light Ring at him and tried to redirect it when the monster flew away, but the attack only managed to get rid of several feathers. After brawling it out in the sky, Orb's Color Timer began to blink and seeing that his Fusion Up was starting to break up, Orb knew he had to wrap it up fast, so he unleashed his Sperion Ray at Maga-Basser and the monster exploded soon afterwards, ending his threat on Earth.
Afterwards, Orb's human form, Gai Kurenai, discovered the beast's Maga-Crystal and thanks to his Orb Ring, turned it into the Ultraman Mebius's Ultra Fusion Card, the Ultra who sealed away the monster in the first place. Meanwhile, the rest of the monster turned into a Kaiju Card recovered by the true perpetrator, Jugglus Juggler.
- Suit Designer: Kengo Kusunoki.
- Maga-Basser's first design, is to have his entire fur all dark green, while having a long tail and a different design of his wings.
- Although it seemed that Maga-Basser had no relation to Ultraman Mebius and neither his titular series, its closest equivalent may be Arigera.
- Two Maga-Basser suits were created: the first one is the series version and the second suit is a cheaper version with smaller wings used for stage show. In both suits, the suit actor places their arms on their wings while Maga-Basser's smaller arms moved in conjunction with said wings' movements.
- Takkong's roar can be heard briefly, during Orb's aerial fight afterwards.
- Maga-Basser was originally designed to more closely resemble various birds of prey. Ultimately, his design was finalized being a combination of a dragon and the Fenghuang of Eastern Asian mythology. His design was also meant to resemble that of Bemstar's silhouette in the opening credits of Ultraman Ace. It also is said to have drawn inspiration from Melba and Lidorias.
- In early production, Maga-Basser was going to be called King Basser (キングバッサー Kingu Bassā). However, due to Grand King already approved for use in the series, associate producer Okamoto Yuzo proposed the use of the phrase Maga as a common term across all kaiju that would be used as King Demon Beasts.
- Because of Taguchi's description, this would make Maga-Basser as the same with Maga-Pandon and Magatanothor, being King Demon Beasts whose only differences to their counterparts are their crystals.
"I felt a gust of wind from that strange lady, and the Wind Crystal is surely there. Emerge, Gue-Basser! Un, deux, trois! Un, deux, trois! Un, deux, TROIS!"
- ―Makoto as he summons the monster.
Another variant of Basser will appear in this series as Gue-Basser (グエバッサー Gue Bassā).
Summoned by Makoto to search for the wind Crystal, Gue-Basser rampaged while the Minato siblings were trying to support Yuuha in her attempt to fly. The giant bird initially had the advantage of the battle against the Ultramen until the Tiga Crystal was uncovered. Using it, Blu transformed into Wind form and countered Gue-Basser's wind manipulation abilities before both Ultras destroy it with Zero Twin Slicer and Storm Shooting. Its crystal was recovered by D.R.L.N. as Makoto returned it to the R／B Crystal Collection Case.
- Suit Actor: Shinnosuke Ishikawa.
- The Gue-Basser's suit is modified by repainting Maga-Basser's to resemble a Japanese Crested ibis and removing its Maga-Crystal, under a suggestion by Kengo Kusunoki; the designer of the said suit.
- Although a portion of audience believe this monster as Maga-Basser's original variant, Kiyotaka Taguchi state it as a "wild type" (野生体 Yasei-tai) of Maga-Basser, proving this breed is nonetheless another variant.
- This incarnation of Basser sometimes makes a "Gue" sound in its roars, as if it were saying the suffix of its name.
- Height & Weight: Unknown, suspected to be the same as Maga-Basser
- Origin: N/A
- Powers and Weapons
- Flight: As giant bird itself, Basser is theorized to be able to fly with its wings.
- Height: 55 m
- Weight: 20,000 t
- Origin: Unknown, sealed in ionosphere by Ultraman Mebius.
- Powers and Weapons
- Flight: Being a bird-like monster, Maga-Basser can fly at an incredible speed.
- Sharp Beak: Maga-Basser's beak has a sharp tip that can be used for combat.
- Sharp Talons: Maga-Basser's toes have sharp talons protruding from them, also for combat use.
- Aerokinesis: True to its title, Maga-Basser can manipulate wind to its liking, creating vortex and miniature cyclones.
- Maga-Storm (マガ嵐 Maga Arashi): Referred to by Gai as "The Devil's Wind", by flying in a circle, Maga-Basser can create an enormous black cloud that releases several tornadoes with enough magnitude to rip off and pull up parts of buildings. One of these tornadoes is big enough for Maga-Basser himself to fit into. The use of this storm has a domino effect to weather patterns around the globe, causing world wide storms and erratic weather patterns such as snowstorms in Egypt.
- Maga-Shockwave (マガ衝撃波 Maga Shōgekiha): By flapping its wings, Maga-Basser can build up air pressure to release a large shockwave.
- Height: 55 m
- Weight: 20,000 t
- Flight Speed: Mach 8
- Origin: Ayaka City
- Powers and Weapons
- Flight: Gue-Basser can fly at a speed of Mach 8.
- Sharp Beak: Gue-Basser's beak has a sharp tip that can be used for combat.
- Sharp Talons: Gue-Basser's toes have sharp talons protruding from them, also for combat use.
- Aerokinesis: Gue-Basser can manipulate wind to its liking, creating vortex and miniature cyclones.
- Basa-Basser (バサバッサー Basa Bassā): By flapping its wings, Gue-Basser unleashes a gust of wind powerful enough to rip its surroundings apart and keep Rosso and Blu at bay. Official sources state that the wind generated is at 90 meters, an ambiguous mesurement for wind speed, but it can be assumed that it is "meters per second" due to its intensity, whcih converts to 324 km/h or 201.324 mph.
- Tornado: By flying in a circle, Gue-Basser can create an enormous black cloud that forms a tornado when flying at maximum speed.
- Feather Shot: Gue-Basser can fire its feathers as projectiles.
|Ultraman R/B Kaiju & Seijin|
|Grigio Bone | Cereza | Black King | Gargorgon | Red King | Gue-Basser | Mecha Gomora | Aribunta | Gomess (S) | Horoboros | Bezelb | Grigio King | Grand King Megalos | Kamisori Demaaga | Grigio Regina | Reugosite|