|Home world:||Prehistoric Earth|
|First appearance:||Dinosaur Expedition Born Free Episode TBA|
Brachiosaurus (ブラキオサウルス Burakiosaurusu?) is a famous genus of sauropod dinosaur that lived during Late Jurassic period of North America.
A Brachiosaurus was one of the many dinosaur victims of poachers in Dinosaur Expedition Born Free.
- Height: N/A (Born Free), 9 m (real life)
- Length: N/A (Born Free), 27 (real life)
- Weight: N/A (Born Free), 30 (real life)
- Origin: Prehistoric Earth
Dinosaur Expedition Born Free
- Despite it's simularities, the Brachiosaurus was a different stop motion puppet than the Brontosaurus and Diplodocus.
- Despite being a herbivore, the Brachiosaurus in Born Free has sharp teeth.
Trivia not relevant for the series
- Brachiosaurus means "Arm lizard" in Greek.
- Much of what is known by laypeople about Brachiosaurus is in fact based on Giraffatitan brancai, a species of brachiosaurid dinosaur from the Tendaguru Formation of Tanzania that was originally described by German paleontologist Werner Janensch as a species of Brachiosaurus. Recent research shows that the differences between the type species of Brachiosaurus and the Tendaguru material are significant enough that the African material should be placed in a separate genus.
Powers and Abilities
Size: In the laws of nature, when you're big, you don't need special defenses. The Brachiosaurus is a perfect example of this.