|Home world:||Planet Earth (showa universe)|
|First appearance:||Ultraman Episode 9: "Lightning Operation" (1966)|
|Latest appearance:||Ultraman: The Ultimate Hero Episode 5: "Monstrous Meltdown" (1995)|
Gabora (ガボラ, Gabora?) also known as Gavora was a uranium consuming kaiju. It terrorized several radioactive power plants and consumed all the radium it could find. It was eventually lured out and defeated by Ultraman.
Subtitle: Uranium Monster (ウラン怪獣, Uran Kaijū?)
Gabora was a kaiju that was awoken after Hurricane 13 ravaged the land. Feeding on mass quanitites of uranium, Gabora began to make his way toward the uranium mines! In order to stop it, the Science Special Search-Party was joined by Japan's SDF and massive flamethrower units were deployed against the kaiju in hopes of stopping it. The beast turned away from the flamethrower attack, changing direction, but now made its way towards a small camp of boy scouts.
In order to save the camp, the Science Patrol tried to lure it away via a small uranium capsule attached to a Science Patrol helicopter, but two small boys had gotten trapped in the path of the creature. As Fuji helped save the children, Hayata released the capsule as Gabora’s armor plates exposed its true face. Annoyed by Hayata's presence, Gabora brought down his aircraft with his Uranium Ray. Crawling toward its meal, the beast wasn’t prepared to fight Ultraman as Hayata summoned the red and silver hero!
The kaiju fought hard, but the hero ravaged the reptile. Slamming him down, Ultraman began to rip off the metal plates around Gabora’s head! Screaming in agony, the subterranean titan began to flail about until the pain became too much. The kaiju fell limp, its eyes closing and life fading.
- Suit actor: Haruo Nakajima.
- Gabora was one of the kaiju created from a modified Baragon costume, along with Pagos, Neronga, and Magular. Coincidentally, Gabora is portrayed by suit actor Haruo Nakajima.
- Gabora's roar is a reused Toho King Kong roar.
- Although not physically seen in the film, Gabora is one of the kaiju that makes up Beryudora's 1st Support group in Mega Monster Battle: Ultra Galaxy Legend The Movie .
- Gabora resembles the Daiei kaiju Gamera.
- Gabora makes a cameo appearance in Ultraman Mebius episode 21.
Ultraman: The Ultimate HeroEdit
Gabora reappeared in episode 5 of the series, Ultraman: The Ultimate Hero, this time as Powered Gabora (パワードガボラ, Pawādo Gabora?). Much like his original appearance, Gabora was a kaiju that fed ravenously on uranium that was being transported to a uranium mine. However, fearing that the mass quantities of uranium that he had fed on previously could ignite and create a nuclear explosion, WINR was forced to let the kaiju feed until a solution could be found.
After feeding on the uranium, Gabora shifted his next target to the Havens Nuclear Power Plant. With the situation growing worse after a digested bomb failed to ignite inside of Gabora, Ultraman Powered appeared to take matters into his own hands. The battle was at a standstill until WINR exposed Gabora's weak spot: his head. Given this opporitunity, Powered fired the Mega Specium Ray at the kaiju's head, destroying him.
- In this series, Gabora's appearance was very different, his claws were larger, his head plates were four instead of six, and his neck was longer than normal. He also had skin that looks similar to Gabara (from the Toho film, Godzilla's Revenge). This is intersting considering how similar their names are.
- Height: 50 m
- Weight: 25,000 t
- Origin: Tokyo suburbs
Powers and WeaponsEdit
- Uranium Beam: Gabora can fire a light blue Uranium Beam from his mouth, medium in strength.
- Armor Plates: The plates that surround Gabora's head act as head armor. They can enclose and make a pointed shape ideal for burrowing.
- Burrowing: When the plates that surround his neck are closed, Gabora can burrow underground at moderate speeds.
If Gabora's armor 'petals' are torn off, Gabora suffers extreme pain. If enough of these petals are torn off, he will die from shock.
- Height: 85 m
- Weight: 130,000 t
- Origin: Underground
Powers and WeaponsEdit
- Petal Armor: Gabora's head is covered in flower-like petals that he can open and close to protect his head from attack.
- Uranium Absorption: Gabora can absorb uranium pressumably for nutrition. As he does this, Gabora disrupts communication devices and remotes.
- Burrowing: Gabora can burrow at low speeds.
- Explode: If Gabora takes an extreme amount of damage, he can explode with the force of a nuclear weapon.
If Gabora's head is exposed he is vulnerable.
Kaiju & Seijin
|Bemlar | Alien Baltan | Neronga | Ragon | Greenmons | Gesura | Antlar | Red King | Chandora | Magular | Sunflan | Pigmon | Gabora | Jirass | Gango | Mummy Man | Dodongo | Pestar | Gamakujira | Gavadon A | Gavadon B | Alien Baltan II | Bullton | Alien Zarab | Aboras | Banila | Hydra | Kemular | The Underground People | Telesdon | Jamila | Gubila | Gigass | Dorako | Red King II | Sunflan II | Gomora | Dada | Goldon | Woo | Keronia | Zambolar | Alien Mefilas | Giant Member Fuji | Alien Baltan III | Kemur Man II | Alien Zarab II | Skydon | Seabozu | Zaragas | Re-Pigmon | Re-Dorako | Re-Telesdon | Geronimon | Kiyla | Saigo | Alien Zetton | Zetton
|Ultraman: The Ultimate Hero |
Kaiju & Seijin
|Powered Alien Baltan | Powered Kemular | Powered Chandora | Powered Red King | Powered Pigmon | The Sun people | Powered Telesdon | Powered Gabora | Powered Jamila | Powered Zambolar |Powered Dada | Powered Aboras | Powered Banila | Powered Pester | Powered Gomora | Powered Dorako | Powered Red King II | Powered Zetton | Psycho Baltan