|Home world:||Planet Earth (Nebula M78 Timeline)|
|First appearance:||Ultraman Episode 15 "Terrifying Cosmic Rays" (1966)|
|Latest appearance:||Shin Ultraman Retsuden Episode 36 "Terrifying Cosmic Rays: Birth of Gavadon" (2014)|
|Height:||30 m (A) ~ 60 m (B)|
|Weight:||20,000 t (A) ~ 40,000 t (B)|
Gavadon (ガヴァドン, Gavadon?) is a kaiju that was created when children's graffiti of creatures were brought to life by strange rays coming from outer-space. It was eventually detained by Ultraman and taken to outer space, and changed into a constellation.
Subtitle: Two-dimensional Monster (二次元怪獣, Nijigen Kaijū?)
Gavadon A (Larva)
Within the confines of Tokyo, a group of children drew a peaceful, larva-like creature at a giant clay pipe. But later, at the break of day, the strange rays turned it into a real, living monster! The creature was peaceful, wanting nothing more but sleep, however its appearance put humanity on edge and the Science Patrol had to get rid of it.They attacked the wailing monster, assaulting it with firepower. Their attacks managed to blow off its tail, but as the sun began to go down, Gavadon vanished into the air. The kids, having seen their creation come to life, went to work at making it into something much stronger.
Gavadon B (Adult)
The children went to work at making it into something much more unique. They gave it limbs and more colors, a defined head, and a much more ferocious appearance and turned it into an adult stage. When the space rays hit the drawing, it came to life, but like its larval form, Gavadon wanted nothing more than to sleep. The self-defense forces wanted the monster gone and attacked it since it's snoring will make a negative impact on the Japanese economy due to it's terrible noise pollution. As numerous rounds exploded on its body, the scared creature tried to flee, but there was no escape.
More attacks struck the monster and soon Hayata summoned Ultraman! The hero attacked the monster. Watching on, teary-eyed, the kids begged Ultraman not to hurt their monster. Hearing their pleas, Ultraman gathered the monster into his arms and flew him into space. Gavadon was transformed into the most ever-lasting piece of art, turning into a constellation of stars the kids could see once every year on July 7. However, the boy who drew Gavadon earlier questioned how are they going to see Gavadon if the same night in the next year will be rain, as the episode ends without an answer.
- Gavadon may have died from the vacuum of space and thus turned into an constellation.
- Gavadon A's noises are taken from the crawling noises of Larvae Mothra, from 1961's Mothra. Gavadon B's roars are slightly modified Gamakujira roars.
- Gavadon is the first instance where an Ultraman directly listened to the plight of children.
- Gavadon is one of the monsters that didn't reappear in Ultraman: The Ultimate Hero as Powered Gavadon. due to the budget for making the other powered monsters in the series. However, unlike many of those monsters, Gavadon (in both adult and larval stages), received a figure around the time reminiscent of the Powered-style designs, suggesting he may have been planned to appear in the series.
- Gavadon's original design was to be a moose-walrus creature covered in children's graffiti.
- Gavadon was the design inspiration for WoO in Bio Planet WoO, particularly his origins and normal form's design.
- The Gavadon A suit was modified into Gubila, while the Gavadon B suit would be modified into Zambolar.
- This episode was later featured in New Ultraman Retsuden Episode 36: Terrifying Cosmic Rays: Birth of Gavadon.
- Gavadon A is one of the monsters that makes up Beryudora's neck in Mega Monster Battle: Ultra Galaxy Legends The Movie.
Gavadon appeared in Ultraman Ginga as a Spark Doll. In episode 7, he is seen as one of the audience members along with many of monsters cheering on Ultraman Ginga as he fights Dark Galberos. It is likely that he returned to space in his original form after Ultraman Ginga defeated Dark Lugiel.
Both of Gavadon's forms were referenced by Tomoya Ichijouji at the beginning of the movie and their drawings were seen near the end of the movie in a sketch book
- Length: 30 m
- Weight: 20,000 t
- Origin: A clay pipe yard near the Institute for Cosmic Ray Research, later materialised to the Tokyo suburbs
Powers and Weapons
- Length: 60 m
- Weight: 40,000 t
- Origin: A clay pipe yard near the Institute for Cosmic Ray Research, later materialised to the near Setagaya, Tokyo
Powers and Weapons
Toy Release Infomation
Gavadon B was relased in 2013 as part of the Ultra Monster 500 series, He stands at 5in tall and has a accurate design and coloring. He has 4 points of articulation and is #15 in the series.Gavadon's other major contributation to the toy world was for the proposed Original Ultraman Dream Works line, which featured Alien Baltan, Alien Zarab, and Alien Mefilas. The designs are changed slightly for the figures, with Gavadon's being the most noteable.
|Ultraman Kaiju & Seijin|
|Bemular | Alien Baltan | Neronga | Ragon | Greenmons | Guesra | Antlar | Red King | Chandora | Magular | Suflan | Pigmon | Gabora | Jirass | Gango | Mummy Man | Dodongo | Pestar | Gamakujira | Gavadon A | Gavadon B | Alien Baltan II | Bullton | Alien Zarab | Aboras | Banila | Hydra | Kemular | The Underground People | Telesdon | Jamila | Gubila | Gigass | Dorako | Red King II | Suflan II | Gomora | Dada | Goldon | Woo | Keronia | Zambolar | Alien Mefilas | Giant Member Fuji | Alien Baltan III | Kemur Man II | Alien Zarab II | Skydon | Seabozu | Zaragas | Re-Pigmon | Re-Dorako | Re-Telesdon | Geronimon | Kiyla | Saigo | Alien Zetton | Zetton|