|Home world:||Planet Earth (Tiga Universe)|
|First appearance:||Ultraman Tiga Episode 19: GUTS to the Sky Part 1|
|Latest appearance:||Ultraman Tiga Episode 20: GUTS to the Sky Part 2|
|Height:||60m (Giga), 67m (Ogma)|
|Weight:||80,000 tons(Giga), 88,000 tons (Ogma)|
Gobnu (ゴブニュ Gobnyu?), also known as Gobunyu, are robots existed to stop the humans from ever activating the power of the Maxima Overdrive. Variations exists are Gobnyu (Vaha) (ゴブニュ(ヴァハ) Gobunyu (Vaha)?), their gigantic combinations, such as Gobnu (Giga) ((ゴブニュ(ギガ) Gobunyu (Giga)?), and when combined with elements of their Mechanical Island: Gobnu Ogma (ゴブニュ(オグマ) Gobunyu (Oguma)?).
- Gobnu (Vaha) subtitle: Mechanical Puppet (機械人形 Kikai ningyō?)
- Gobnu (Giga & Ogma) subtitle : Giant Mechanical Puppet (巨大機械人形 Kyodaikikai ningyō?)
What it is of the Gobnu (Vaha) before their invasion of Tokyo was unknown, but certain facts indicate that they were created by the Kyrieloid to keep humans away from finding out the immeasurable powers of the Maxima overdrive, a matter-antimatter powered device which gave off pure light as a waste product. After the technology was developed, the Vaha were dispatched to Earth, where they stalked the streets of Tokyo at night. After countless reports of the "Iron Masks", GUTS was sent to investigate and soon found a single Vaha walking across the street. After Shinjo shot the robot with the Hyper Gun, it was discovered that it was hollow inside. Soon, TPC began to collect the remains of the discovered Vaha and keep them in the GUTS base. Once there, they came in contact with the Maxima Overdrive power when the new super-ship, Artdessi, was activated. They soon revived and attacked the base. The GUTS members were ordered to board the Artdessi while Daigo fended off the Vaha, keeping them at bay until the Artdessi lifted off. In order to pursue, the Vaha combined themselves into the powerful Gobnu (Giga). Later, when Gobunyu (Ogma) was destroyed, the Vaha and the mechanical island was destroyed along with Ogma.
Shortly after the Artdessi lifted off, the Gobnu Vaha began to pursuit by first smashing a hole in the float tank of the GUTS Base, then combining into Gobnu Giga after landing in the ocean. As the basement began to flood, Daigo transformed into Ultraman Tiga to prevent Giga from pursuit. However, even in Power-Type, Giga's strength still proved superior to Tiga's. The battle turned to worse as the water heavily slowed down Tiga, who was already extremely slow for being in Power-Type, while Giga still maintained a constant speed. Soon, Giga knocked Tiga over and held him to his chest. Suddenly, the lights on his head began to blink and go off, signaling his time bomb. Tiga, helpless with his color timer already red, struggled with the last of his strength to kick off Giga's right leg. He then lifted Giga into the air and threw him well out of Earth's atmosphere, allowing Giga to explode. However, this battle will cost Tiga, as he then disappeared. Later, the robot's component was brought to Dive Hangar for research.
After the Artdessi landed on the Mechanical Island, a hole appeared and trapped them in. Meanwhile, Daigo landed as well using the Snow White and tried to contact them, but the usage of the Maxima Overdrive on his trip aroused Gobnu Ogma. Daigo quickly transformed, but even then, Ogma outclassed Tiga using electro blasts and began to torture him. The GUTS crew then unleashed their Maxima Overdrive on reverse to escape the island and unleashed their Dellaku Cannon on the robot while Tiga used his Zeppelion Beam on the island, destroying both threats.
- Although not appearing in the movie, Gobnu Ogma (Along with Geo Shark, Kyrieloid & Bizzamo) appears in Daigo's flashback in Ultraman Tiga: The Final Odyssey.
- The pattern on Ogma's head in fact is the director's name(ムライシ).
- Height: 2 m
- Weight: 350 kg
- Blast Resistance: Gobnu (Vaha) are able to stand shots from the Hyper Gun, but being shot deactivates them until they come in contact again with the Maxima Overdrive power.
- Superhuman Strength: Gobnu (Vaha) are extremely powerful, as they can easily lift humans and throw them a far distance,
- Flight: Gobnu (Vaha) are capable of flight.
- Combine: Gobnu (Vaha) are able to combine themselves into the powerful Gobnu (Giga)
- Height: 60 m
- Weight: 80,000 tons
- Superior Strength: Gobnu Giga has power that completely outclasses that of Tiga, even in Power-Type.
- Durability: Due to mainly being made from metal, Giga can resists the melee attacks from Ultraman Tiga.
- Time Bomb: Gobnu Giga has a built in bomb that begins countdown when Giga wills it to. Although it never hit anything, it is estimated to contain the power of two atomic bombs.
- Flight: Gobnu Giga is capable of extremely fast flight, completely outclassing that of GUTS Wing 1.
Gobnu Giga has a very weak frame, thus his body parts can be pulled out by force.
- Height: 67 m
- Weight: 88, 000
- Electro Blast: Gobnu Ouma is able to launch electricity blasts from the "horn" on his head.
- Durability: Due to mainly being made from metal, Ogma can resists the melee attacks from Ultraman Tiga.
- Superior Strength: Gobnu Ogma has 800 horsepower on his hands for him to bash and lift and crush opponents.
Mechanical Island (機械島 Kikai shima?) is an artificial island that houses the Gobnu.
- Diameter: 3 km
- Height: Unknown
- Weight: Unknown
- Lightining Strike: By orbiting around Earth, Mechanical Island can release lightning that can cause massive damage and large fires.
- Attraction: The island can attract sources of Maxima Overdrive energies (etc:Artdessei, Snow White). But it will only reject when the Maxima Overdrive usage is reversed.
- The name Gobnu comes from Irish Mythology Gobunyu. Gobunyu was the son of the sun goddess Danu and god of blacksmiths and technology.
- Oguma was Gobunyu brother and god of eloquence and inspiration.