|Home world:||Planet Earth (Various Universes)|
|First appearance:||Ultraman Episode 6 "The Coast Guard Command" (1966)|
|Latest appearance:||Ultraman Orb THE ORIGIN SAGA" (2016)|
Beryudora (Body Part)
Guesra (ゲスラ Gesura?), also known as Gesura, is an amphibious kaiju that attacked several seaports in search of cacao beans. Ultraman defeated it before it could finish its second raid.
Subtitle: Sea Beast (海獣 Umijū?)
Guesra was a Brazilian lizard species whose purpose is to scare of pests from interrupting cocoa beans. One Guesra egg accidentally carried along into a delivery cocoa ship to Japan. As Guesra hatched, it fells into Tokyo sea waters, which was at that time polluted, and mutated it into a giant monster. Guesra was first sighted by several sailors, not knowing it as a threat until the creature grew bigger over time.
Guesra started to attack several shipment supply of cocoa beans until the SSSP lured it away from the shipment. However instead, it turned over its attention to a cocoa warehouse where Hoshino and his friends were trying to fend themselves from Diamond Kick, a group of jewel smugglers. As the monster about to attack SSSP and Hoshino's friends in a police patrol car, Hayata then appeared, and transformed into Ultraman. Guesra attacked first, but Ultraman quickly gained the upper hand, tossing the monster every which way, eventually landing both in the water. Ultraman then ripped off Guesra's fin. Injured, the monster returned to the ocean, and dying shortly afterwards.
- Guesra's suit was originally the Peter suit with added fins from the Ragon suit.
- It is said in the episode of Guesra's appearance, that something, possibly Guesra himself, fought and killed a 60ft long Great White Shark.
- Guesra is the first monster in the Ultraman series that had a specific weak point that required no beam to destroy.
- Guesra's concept art makes an appearance in the episode.
- Guesra's roar was later reused for the Go! Greenman kaiju, Minilla.
- Guesra's name were driven from the Japanese word "Gesuido" (下水道 Gesuidō?), which means sewer. This may alluded to the sewer alligator which is a part of the urban legend.
- Guesra was mentioned in Heisei Ultra Seven and was seen as one of the three monsters demonstrated by TDF. The special also first reveal its name's official Romanization spelling, Guesra.
- Stock footage of the original Guesra's battle with Ultraman appeared in Great Decisive Battle! The Super 8 Ultra Brothers.
King Guesra (キングゲスラ Kingu Gesura?) was the first monster sent by Super Alien Hipporito to attack humanity by attacking a harbor. However before King Gesura could harm anyone, Ultraman Mebius appeared to fight it. While quickly gaining the upper hand, Mebius was soon shocked by Guesra's powerful electric surge. As it began to beat him down, Daigo remembered how Ultraman killed the original Guesra, and yelled out that its fin was the weakness. Mebius heard and ripped the dorsal fin off King Guesra, leaving the beast powerless, as moments later it was reduced to ashes by the Mebium Shot. After Silvergon, Goldras & Super Alien Hipporito were killed, all the monsters souls combined into Giga Khimaira.
- King Guesra's roar is the same as the original Guesra's only with generic dragon sounds mixed in (the same sounds used for the Godzilla: Unleashed monster Obsidius).
King Guesra reappeared in the movie Mega Monster Battle: Ultra Galaxy Legend The Movie as one of Ultraman Belial's 100 Monster Army. He was first seen as one of the spirits awakening to the Plasma Spark in a shot of the Monster Graveyard along with Telesdon, Sadola, Zetton, Angross, and Jasyuline. He then rose out of the ground along with Eleking, Hoe, Tyrant, Red King, Banpira, andGudon before being re-captured by Ultraman Belial. He then teamed up with Arigera, Gudon, Twin Tail, Magular, Antlar, Gomess, Alien Baltan, Zetton, King Silvergon, and King Goldras to take on Ultraman. He was killed by one of the Ultras.
- Gesura makes up part of Beryudora's body, Although he is not seen in the Beryudora figure.
King Guesra appeared in Ultraman X as an affected victim of the Dark Thunder Energy. As soon as he was struck with it, he rises from the ground in Tatara City and proceeded to go on a rampage, as the whole thing was sensed by Pigmon. After getting distracted by Pigmon's balloon it was about to attack Asuna and Pigmon until Daichi transformed into Ultraman X to deal with the giant fish monster. X had the upper hand at first until Guesra launched his new abilities at him and not even his Cyber Bemstar armor could handle the attacks. Xio tried to attack his dorsal fin, his considered weakness but, the Dark Thunder Energy made it tougher as well. It would seem that Guesra would win this fight until X powered up to his Exceed X form and once again had the edge in his favor. After blocking Guesra's energy scales, X used his Exceed X-Slash to relieve him of the Dark Thunder Energy and then used his Xanadium Ray on him, turning him into a Spark Doll.
In the final episode of Ultraman X, after Greeza destroyed the Xio base, King Guesra's Spark Doll was absorbed by Greeza. After speaking out to Gomora and striking Greeza right in the center of his chest, King Guesra, along with all of the other Spark Dolls, traveled to X and united with him. Cyber King Guesra's power was used to help form the Hybrid armor and power up the Ultimate Xanadium to defeat Greeza once and for all. King Guesra, along with the numerous other Cyber Cards and Spark Dolls, then appeared and thanked Daichi as he thanked them.
- Guesra was actually meant to approach from the sea coast but was changed to emerge from beneath the ground. This was made due to past incarnations of Gueara were always shown submerging from underwater.
- Its venomous scale projection is an idea proposed by Takanori Tsujimoto.
King Guesra returned in episode 1 of this web series. In this series King Guesra is one of the victims of the Bezelbs. When Shinra visited Psychi, the doctor showed the power of the Kugutsu. King Guesra was on Planet Zain next to Astron and they were both infected with Kugutsu. They receive the order to fight and after a short battle Astron is victorious as it kills King Guesra.
Guesra was one of the many kaiju to appear in this game. Two subspecies of this kaiju appeared named Guesra Type Red and Guesra Type Blue. Type Red lived in a volcanic environment as opposed to water.
King Guesra reappears in episode 3 of the series, in a segment called "Monster Massage". In this segment, Guesra was unwell, and needed a massage to feel better.
|Ultraman Kaiju & Seijin|
|Bemular | Alien Baltan | Neronga | Ragon | Greenmons | Guesra | Antlar | Red King | Chandora | Magular | Suflan | Pigmon | Gabora | Jirass | Gango | Mummy Man | Dodongo | Pestar | Gamakujira | Gavadon A | Gavadon B | Alien Baltan II | Bullton | Alien Zarab | Aboras | Banila | Hydra | Kemular | The Underground People | Telesdon | Jamila | Gubila | Gigass | Dorako | Red King II | Suflan II | Gomora | Dada | Goldon | Woo | Keronia | Zambolar | Alien Mefilas | Giant Member Fuji | Alien Baltan III | Kemur Man II | Alien Zarab II | Skydon | Seabozu | Zaragas | Re-Pigmon | Re-Dorako | Re-Telesdon | Geronimon | Kiyla | Saigo | Alien Zetton | Zetton|