"I want to fight but I want to be human"
- ―Jack Shindo to Ultraman Great, The Hibernator
|Transformation Item||Delta-Plasma Pendant|
|Home world:||Earth (Alternate Nebula M78 Timeline)|
|First Appearance:||Ultraman: Towards the Future Episode 1 "Signs of Life|
|Last Appearances||Ultraman: Towards the Future Episode 13 "Nemesis|
|Portrayed by||Dore Kraus|
Jack Shindo (ジャック・シンド, Jakku Shindo?) is an Australian man who chosen by Ultraman Great to be his human host. He is 26 years old at the start of the series. He is portrayed by Dore Kraus in Ultraman: Towards the Future, the 1990s Australian Ultra Series.
Jack Shindo was an astronaut who, on his expedition to Mars, lost his partner Stanley Haggard in a fight between Gudis and Ultraman Great. The latter, after defeating the monster (who escapes to Earth), combines with Shindo to save him from being stranded on Mars. After mysteriously returning to Earth, Shindo joins UMA as a member, although his astronaut work was somehow related to UMA, to help the team with the Gudis threat, among other monster/alien-related calamities, since he shares Great's psyche. Though somewhat reluctant to be combined with Great, as he does not like being constantly under his teammates's suspicion, he nonetheless takes up this responsibility. Shindo transforms into Ultraman Great by activating the Delta Plasma Pendant, which is shaped like Great's Color Timer warning light.
In the series finale, a doomsday scenario begins with the appearance of three powerful monsters: Kilazee, Kodalar, and the Earth itself, which tries to wipe out the human race for abusing it. Ultraman is defeated by Kodalar, but Jack survives. Ultimately the humans use an ancient disc to destroy Kodalar by reflecting its own power at it and Ultraman defeats Kilazee and carries it into space, separating Jack from him and restoring him on Earth as a normal human. The victory is seen as another chance for the human race.
His name is a reference to Ultraman Jack, the fourth member of the original Ultra Brothers.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Astronaut Training: Jack is a trained astronaut more than capable of handling the rigors of space travel.
- Piloting Skills: Jack can pilot anything between a spaceship to a UMA fighter.
- Combat Training: Jack is a trained marksman and at least somewhat skilled in bare hand fighting.
- Alien Knowledge: Through his link with Great, Jack has knowledge of alien organisms, monsters, technology, etc., that would stump experts.
- Telepathy: As the host to Great, Jack can channel his thoughts, via the Ultra's mind, to another lifeform.
- Transformation: Via the Delta Plasma Pendant, Jack can transform into Ultraman Great; it only works in his hands.
- Jack Shindo is the first human host seen talking directly to his Ultra after their merger.
- In the Japanese dub, both of Jack Shindo and Ultraman Great were voiced by Masaki Kyomoto, who later portrayed captain Shin Hayate in Ultraman Tiga.
|Showa Heroes||Shin Hayata | Dan Moroboshi | Hideki Goh | Seiji Hokuto | Yuko Minami | Kotaro Higashi | Gen Ohtori | Takeshi Yamato | Choichiro Hikari|
|Heisei Heroes||Masaki Kazimori | Jack Shindo | Kenichi Kai | Genki Kagura | Katsuto Asahi | Daigo Madoka | Tsubasa Madoka | Amui | Ginga Yumeboshi | Shin Asuka | Gamu Takayama | Hiroya Fujimiya | Musashi Haruno | Julie | Kaito Touma | Mirai Hibino | Kazuya Serizawa | Ryuu Aihara | Shingo Sakomizu | Jin | Run | Nozomu Taiga | Hikaru Raido | Shou | Daichi Ozora | Gai Kurenai|
|The Ultra Force||Chuck Gavin | Beth O'Brian | Scott Masterson|
|Deunamists||Shunichi Maki | Jun Himeya | Ren Senjyu | Nagi Saijyo | Kazuki Komon|
|Evil Ultra Hosts||Keigo Masaki | Riko Saida | Shinya Mizorogi | Hiroyuki Misawa | Mitsuhiko Ishibori ||
|Other Hero Hosts||Kyotaro Kagami | Goro Kirishima | Daisuke Misaki | Naoki Tachibana | Naoto Sho | Sam Collins | Ai Kumasiro | Akira Kageyama | Nao | Tomoya Ichijouji|