- ―Jean-Bot's battle cry
|Human Host/Form:||None, Jean-Bot is controlled by motion|
|Place of Origin:||Planet Esmeralda|
|Voice actor(s):||Hiroshi Kamiya|
|Suit actor(s):||Tatsunari Fukushima|
|First Appearance:||Ultraman Zero The Movie: Super Deciding Fight! The Belial Galactic Empire (2010)|
|Last Appearance:||Ultraman Geed The Movie: Connect Them! The Wishes!! (2018)|
|Status:||Functioning (Temporarily destroyed, but revived by Zero)|
Ultimate Force Zero
Jean-Nine (Younger brother)
Jean-Bot (ジャンボット Jan Botto?) is a sentient machine that served the royal family of Planet Esmeralda. He has an alternative space ship mode called Jean-Bird (ジャンバード Jan Bādo?), as Jean-Bird he aided Princess Emerana Lourdes as transportation during Kaiser Belial's assault on the planet. He later joins the Ultimate Force Zero.
- Subtitle: Warrior of Steel (鋼鉄の武人 Kōtetsu no Bujin?)
- Jean-Bird subtitle: Star Corvette (スターコルベット Sutākorubetto?)
After Ultraman Zero took Run as a host and was attacked by Legionoids, he and Nao accidentally stowed in a ship that blasted off into space, revealed to Jean-Bird/Bot with Princess Emerana on board. After almost wiping their memories in order to keep their whereabouts secret from Kaiser Belial, the brothers made friends with the princess and ship and began their journey searching for the Shield of Baraji to stop the kaiser.
With many adventures, they eventually fight against Belial and his army. When Emerana uses herself to power Jean-Bird after losing power in a fight with Darkgone, Nao helps Jean-Bird assume his Jean-Bot mode. Together they manage to destroy Darkgone and help create the Ultimate Aegis to destroy Belial. When Zero begins to take his leave, Jean-Bot, Glen Fire, and Mirror Knight intercept him and convince Zero to stay to defeat the remaining Legionoids, forming Ultimate Force Zero.
- ―Jean-Bot before deactivating himself
"He used me as the base for Jean-Killer. I believed he also copied my Advanced Artificial Intelligence."
- ―Jean-Bot said when he was captured
A year after Ultimate Force Zero's last battle with Kaiser Belial, Jean-Bot and Princess Emerana was kidnapped by Beatstar in his travel sphere. The remaining three Ultimate Force Zero, Ultraman Zero, Mirror Knight and Glen Fire broke into the sphere and tried to save them. Jean-Bot was later kidnapped, reprogrammed and become the main base model for Jean-Killer. While Jean-Killer attacked Ultimate Force Zero, Jean-Bot was ordered to eliminate Rei and Hyuga.
Zero took Jean-Bot away, and he began to regain his consciousness but he had to shut down his system to resist Beatstar's control. As the fighting with Zero continues, before Zero had a chance to defeat Jean-Killer, Jean-Bot stopped Zero in time and tells everyone that he is his brother, the rest of the team is surprised when Jean-Bot try to persuade Jean-Killer that living life forms is the not enemy, as he still under the control of Beatstar he continued to attack Jean-Bot and the team.
Emerana arrives and persuades him to open his heart to the truth to make up his own mind, he responds but Beatstar forcefully gains control of him again and he attacks Emerena with beams from his eyes and holds back the team with electric blasts to make them stay where they are, even how much Rei tried to stop her, Hyuga told Rei that they should trust her. She still tries to convince Jean-killer as she believes that Jean-Killer has a heart as his attack missed countless times at Emerana. He stopped after he saw Emerana's tear, the team is freed and everyone is surprised when they see Jean-Killer's tears. Everyone had taught him about life, heart and the truth about organic lifeforms not being his enemy. Jean-Killer had made up his own mind but Hyuga reminds everyone that time is growing short before the sphere will hit the planet.
The team and Jean-Killer destroyed all surrounding Legionoids. Ultraman, Ultraseven and Zoffy arrive to buy them time before the sphere hits the planet. Jean-Bot begged Jean-Killer to reveal Beatstar's location. Jean-Killer told them that he's on a half-cut moon. The team jump up to the moon and found a several of King Joes and Inpelaizers. Jean-Bot, Glen Fire, Mirror Knight and Rei summoned Gomora to hold them for Zero, so Zero will be able to stop Beatstar. After everything is over, Jean-Killer had been renamed by Emerana as "Jean-Nine" and Zero had him joined the team as well. Emerana told Jean-Bot to be a good big brother to him. After Ultraman, Ultraseven and Zoffy left to Land of Light, Ultimate Force Zero is ready to save universe again.
Part 1: A New Power
Like the rest of Ultimate Force Zero, Jean-Bot waited for Zero to finish his training in the Monster Graveyard. After Zero's adventure, he and the rest of the team greeted the Ultra and made their way back to the Living Dimension.
Part 2: Awakening of Zero
While Zero was being attacked by the Darkness Five (save Jathar and Surai) and Tyrant, Jean-Bot joined Ultimate Force Zero to hold them off while Zero went to rescue Pigmon. Jean-Bot fought Villainous and Tyrant with his brother. When Zero arrives at the scene, Jean-Nine greeted the hero. However, Jean-Bot senses something wrong and push away Jean-Nine, having himself killed as Zero was revealed to be under Belial's possession. While Ultraman Zero fell into submission, members of Ultimate Force Zero gives several encouragements to him before departing to the afterlife. He was later revived when Zero reversed the time flow and along with the other members, escorted his exhausted body.
Jean-Bot is set to reappear in this movie along with other members of the Ultimate Force Zero.
Jean-Bot and the others appear in Ultraman Retsuden Episode 79.
Jean-Bot's offensive capabilities are accessed when a pilot accesses his movement controls by shouting "Jean-Fight". Afterwards, he no longer needs a pilot to fight.
- Height: 50 m
- Weight: 30,000 t
- Origin: Planet Esmeralda
- Jean Knuckle (ジャンナックル Jan Nakkuru?): Jean-Bot launches its left fist at the opponent.
- Double Jean Knuckle (ダブルジャンナックル Daburu Jan Nakkuru?): With Jean-Nine, Jean-Bot can fires his left fist to opponent with Jean-Nine's Jean-Knuckle.
- Beam Emerald (ビームエメラルド Bīmu Emerarudo?): Multiple bullets of energy fired from the forehead, these are charged by the emeralds of Esmeralda. This can also be shot out as a powerful beam.
- Jean Blade (ジャンブレード Jan Burēdo?): Jean-Bot can generates blade from his right wrist.
- Battle Shield: Jean-Bot can uses the shield on his left shoulder for defensive purposes.
- Battle Ax (バトルアックス Batoru Akkusu?): Jean-Bot can changes the Battle Shield to Battle Ax for offensive purposes.
- Finisher Windmill (必殺・風車 Hissatsu Kazaguruma?): Jean-Bot's finishing attack where he spins at a high speed while wielding the Battle Ax and cleaves an opponent.
- Jean Missiles (ジャンミサイル Jan Misairu?): Jean-Bird can fire homing missiles from his back.
- Boosters: Jean-Bot has rocket boosters on his back that can propel him through the air. He also possess interstellar traveling abilities regardless of which form he is in.
Jean-Bot's jet form is called the Jean-bird. Due to this, Glen Fire affectionately calls Jean-Bot "Yakitori" (焼き鳥?lit. "grilled chicken").
- Height: Unknown
- Weight: Unknown
- Origin: Planet Esmeralda
- Powers and Weapons
- Boosters: Jean-bird has rocket boosters in his wings that can propel him through the air. He also possess interstellar traveling abilities regardless of which form he is in.
- Jean Missiles (ジャンミサイル Jan Misairu?): Jean-bird can fire homing missiles from his wings.
- Lasers: Jean-bird can fire lasers from its underside.
- Transformation: Jean-bird can transform into his true form, Jean-Bot via a motion pilot when announcing "Jean Fight!".
Toy Release info
Jean-Bot is released as an Ultra Hero Series EX and an Action Archives Ultraman Zero shokugan (Candy toy), to commemorate the release of the movie. He was also made as an Ultra-ACT Figure by Tamashii Nations.
- Jean-Bot is based on Tsuburaya Productions earlier creation, Jumborg Ace.
- The name of Jean-Bot's ship/plane is named Star Corvette Jean Bird.
- Jean-Bot is always referred by Glen Fire as Grilled Chicken (焼き鳥 Yakitori?).
- Jean-Bot appears in Ultraman: Another Genesis as a human transformed into a robot.
- Jean-Bot's trait is similar to that of Tieria Erde, one of the characters of Mobile Suit Gundam 00 (even to the point of sharing the same voice actor, Hiroshi Kamiya), as shown:
- Both are artificial intelligences which inhabits a machine (Tieria was an Innovade, a human-like being until he died and had his mind saved into computer data).
- Both are protective towards their superiors, Emerana and Veda.
- Both appeared to be genderless among their group members (Jean-Bot is at the least possess masculine programming).
- Both initially saw the main character (both voiced by Mamoru Miyano), Ultraman Zero (in Run's body) and Setsuna F. Seiei potentially as a threat to their superiors until they gain their trusts.
- If discounting Jean-Nine, Jean-Bot and Tieria Erde are the only odd one out in their respective groups: Jean-Bot is the only robot and Tieria is the only non-genuine born human, being an Innovade.
- Both had "siblings" that are similarly modeled after them, Jean-Nine and Regene Regetta, with said siblings initially played as their enemies to serve their masters (Beatstar and Ribbons Almark) but defected and helped the protagonists.
- In Killer the Beatstar, Jean-Bot uttered one of Tieria's well-known quote: "You deserve ten thousand years of death!".
- Another interesting fact is that Tsuburaya Prod. is aware of this, and additionally Jean-Bot's concept was also taken from Captain Gundam from SD Gundam Force, whom also voiced by none other than Hiroshi Kamiya himself.
- For once, Ultraman Nice had pointed the similarity to Jean-Bot and Gridman. Ironically, Gridman's voice actor, Hikaru Midorikawa would voice Mirror Knight.
||Mirrorman | Falcon | Redman | Red Fighter | Green Fighter | Orange Fighter | Triple Fighter | Jumborg Ace | Jumborg 9 | Fireman | Izenbo | Koseidon|
||Gridman | Servo | WoO | Mirrorman Reflex | Gridman Sigma | Don Shine|
||God Zenon | Dyna Dragon | Mountain Gulliver No. 5 | Reimon | Mirror Knight | Glen Fire | Jean-Bot | Jean-Nine | War God|