|Home world:||Earth (Showa Universe)|
|First appearance:||Ultra Q Episode 4: "Mammoth Flower"|
|Latest appearance:||Shin Ultraman Retsuden Episode 16: "Mega Monsters Continue! Battle and Rush!!"|
Subtitle: Huge Plant (巨大植物 Kyodai Shokubutsu?)
- Height: 100 m
- Weight: 3,000 t
- Origin: Japan
- Attack: 600
- Defense: 600
- Speed: 500
Juran was an ancient plant that had been released after a powerful earthquake rocked Japan. Juran's presence was first felt by the appearance of its roots, splitting up streets, buildings, and even the imperial palace. Soon roots broke through the walls of one of the larger buildings, wrapping around victims and stealing their blood to feed Juran. As the structure was being evacuated, the building split in 2, revealing Juran to the world. As the world watched on stunned, the most brilliant minds tried to find a solution. A powerful toxin was deployed with flamethrowers. As soldiers burned the roots from below, the toxin was dumped on the flower from above. Within minutes the colossal plant began to wither, quickly dying and decaying until nothing was left.
- Juran's name is never mentioned in its episode appearance, instead it is referred to as "The Mammoth Flower."
- Juran's name is also one of the location's name in Ultraman Saga.
- A very similar monster known as the Mars Rose appears in the Ultraman Manga and was ment to be in the original script of Alien Mefilas in the original Ultraman series.
- The petals of the original Juran prop were made of tissues.
- In Ultraman Cosmos, the Kaiju Parastan lives on the planet Juran, clearly a homage to this Kaiju.
After the ZAP SPACY crew members Oki and Captain Hyuuga stopped to investigate a corpse of Mukadender. Juran appeared from underground to attack them. Litra appeared to do battle with it. Juran managed to keep Litra way from itself by using its vines, but once Litra used her Citronela Acid on the plant, Juran withered away.
- In this series, Juran's appearance is a combination of puppetry and CGI.
Powers and Weapons
- Vines/Roots: Juran's roots act like vines, they can move around its base, ensnaring prey and draining them of blood.
- Poison Pollen: The yellow pollen that Juran releases is highly poisonous.