|Home world:||Unknown (Showa, Rebirth of Mothra lll, MonsterVerse)
Earth (GMK, Heisei)
|First appearance:||Ghidorah: The Three Headed Monster! (1964)|
|Latest appearance:||Kong: Skull Island (2017) (cameo)|
|Affiliation:||Xiliens, Kilaaks, Nebula Space Hunter M Aliens, Garoga (controllers (Showa) )
Mothra, Baragon (fellow Guardians (GMK) ) Futurians (Creators (Heisei)
King Ghidorah (キングギドラ Kingu Gidora?) is a three-headed dragon kaiju created by Toho that first faced Godzilla in the 1964 Godzilla film, Ghidorah, the Three-Headed Monster. While King Ghidorah has made no direct appearances in the Ultra Series, he has featured in the crossover games City Shrouded in Shadow and Battle Soccer, as well as being the inspiration for a few Ultra Kaiju.
Battle Soccer: Champion of the Field:
King Ghidorah, in his Heisei form, captained his own team consisting of MechaGodzilla, Titanosaurus and Gigan, and also served as a Goalie. This was Ghidorah's first ever official cross-over with the Ultraman Franchise, as well as Gundam and Kamen Rider franchises.
City Shrouded in Shadows:
Ghidorah makes his second official cross over in almost a decade with the Ultraman franchise, appearing in the Survival RPG Game "City Shrouded in Shadows", which also features Ultraman, Alien Zarab, Godzilla, Gamera, Legion, Eva Unit 1, and (TBA) .
Impact on the Ultra Series
- King Ghidorah's roar was used as the sound effect for the SSSP's phone in the original Ultraman
- A boy mentions King Ghidorah, along with Godzilla and Rodan in Dinosaur Explosion Directive.
- King Ghidorah may have inspired the Ultraman 80 monster Fire-Draco.
- A figure of King Ghidorah can be seen in Ndamoshite X.
- King Ghidorah may have also inspired the Ultraman X monster Gargorgon.
- King Ghidorah appeared in artwork featuring himself, Godzilla, Rodan, and several Ultra Kaiju.
- Flight: Ghidorah can fly at incredibly fast speeds, even in space.
- Gravity Bolts: Almost all incarnations of Ghidorah can spit lightning looking bolts from it's mouth, having various effects.
- Originally, King Ghidorah was going to be Purple with rainbow colored wings.
- Earlier ideas had the monster as Crimson Red.
- A bar was placed inside the King Ghidorah suit for the suit actor to hold onto while preforming the creature.
- The wires that controlled most of Ghidorah's extremities often entangled and snapped, ruining takes.
- Ghidorah's bell like roar was used as the Science Patrol headquarters phone.
- Although King Ghidorah was originally the single member of his species, Toho has featured other Ghidorahs in their films years after, these being Desghidorah And Keizer Ghidorah