|User(s):||Most Ultra in Tiga's universe|
|Nature:||Organ on forehead|
|Powers:||Change the Ultra's anatomy, causing a color scheme change|
Manipulate light energy (Dark energy for Camearra)
|First Appearance:||Ultraman Tiga|
|Status:||Still in use.|
The Light Crystal is a crystal located in the forehead of some Ultra Warriors from the Ancient Giants of Light. Note that term 'Light Crystal' is not official but is used for easy understanding.
First seen on Ultraman Tiga, as the "Tiga Crystal" (ティガクリスタル Tiga Kurisutaru?) is always located on the forehead of certain Ultras in the Tiga Universe. Since Tiga gained the power to type change by absorbing the attacks of other Dark Ultras, it can be assumed his crystal regulates the powers within his body, altering the ratios to change his type. It is similar to the Beam Lamp seen on some Ultras, such as Ultraseven.
The light crystal seems to have direct access to an Ultra's Inner Light as Zabanagi, was able to draw out Tiga's energy through his crystal instead of his color timer.
Difference between Type and ModeEdit
Despite the similarities, Type Switch is different from Mode change. Mode change is mainly an altering of the Ultra's nature to give them more abilities and/or greater combat prowess. Despite being called modes Zero's StrongCorona and LunaMiracle Modes have more in common with type change than standard mode changes.
Type change does just as it's name implies, changes the type of the Ultra, red Ultras are known for having bodies better suited to physical combat, while Blue Ultra abilities lean towards speed and/or mental abilities. Note that most of the Ultras who type change, Tiga, Dyna and Zero who gained his previously mentioned forms from Dyna, are red and blue Ultras. Type change partially alters their bodies to follow the example of Ultra colors. Red forms are more oriented towards physical combat, becoming much stronger, while Blue forms are faster and generally have more varied light abilities.
Powers and abilitiesEdit
Tiga and Dyna CrystalsEdit
- Type Change: As previously stated, it allows Ultras to type change.
- Light Abilities: The gem can also be used to perform other techniques used by Ultras.
- Dark Abilities: Due to Camearra's nature as a Dark Giant, she used hers to channel dark energies instead of the power of light, it was only seen during her Demonzoa transformation.
- Ancient Giants of Light (partially)
- Ultraman Tiga
- Ultraman Dyna
- Camearra (used once for dark purposes)
- During filming, some of the show's lighting effect changes the color of Tiga's Light Crystal into gold.
- Since Episode 52 of the Tiga Series, Tiga has not been seen switching his types (Not including The Final Odyssey and Superior 8 Brother Ultraman Movie), until the Ultraman Ginga S movie.
- In Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny, ZAFT created the VPS (Variable Phase Shift) Armor which allows Mobile Suits to change their ability statistics via their pilot's preference, simultaneously changing the color of the MS. This is likely a tribute to the Type Change functions of Tiga's race and Ultraman Dyna.
- According to designer Hiroshi Maruyama, the Light Crystal that was first displayed by Tiga was originally a trademark to reflect the sunlight during lighting effect.
|Ultramen Powers, Traits and Objects of Interest|
|Ultra Traits and abilities||Ultraman Title | Ultra Beam | Ultra's Inner Light | Color Timer | Beam Lamp | Crest Weapons | Protectors | Bracers | Solar Energy Absorption | Light Crystal | Zenshin Crystals | V Crystals | Ultra Armor | Mental Abilities | Ultra Signs | Human Hosts/Forms | Dimensional Field|
|Ultra related Items||Transformation Items | Specium | Ultra Bracelet | Ultra Array | Ultra Bell | Ultra Key | Max Galaxy | Plasma Spark | Aarb Gear | Techtor Gear | Ultimate Aegis | Spark Dolls | Strium Brace | Ultra Fusion Brace | Knight Timbre | Cyber Cards | MonsArmor | Ultra Fusion Cards | Kaiju Cards | Ultra Capsule | Kaiju Capsule|
|Manga Only||Plasma Ore | Ultraman suit | Ultraman Factor|