|First appearance:||Ultraman Tiga Episode 9: "The Girl That Waited For A Monster."|
Subtitle: Guardian Monster (守護怪獣 Mori Kaijū?)
- Height: 55 m
- Weight: 57,007 t
- Origin: Space
Makeena was an alien monster who called to Earth by Saki, an alien girl who had lived on Earth as far back as the year, 1802 A.D. (and whom Daigo had met as a child before become Tiga.) When a capsule was dug up in a construction site, Saki played a special flute that caused the capsule to emit a beam of light beyond Earth's atmosphere. Receiving the signal, Makeena landed in Tokyo Harbor and began his trek to reunite with Saki. Makeena was met by opposition from GUTS, but his armor was more than enough to protect the monster from their assaults. However the sun was setting as so Makeena decided to recuperate until tomorrow.
Makeena awoken the next morning and again was met with GUTS's assaults via land mines that fired at his unprotected areas beneath his armor. During the assault, Saki was able to reunite with Makeena. However just as a land mine was about to endanger Saki, Daigo transformed into Ultraman Tiga and quickly rescued her from danger. Taking Tiga's actions as a threat towards Saki, Makeena attacked Tiga and both alien and Ultra battled. Tiga was able to overpower Makeena once he transformed into Power Mode, but just as he was about to finish off the alien with the Delacium Light Stream, Saki stepped in and explained that Makeena only came to Earth retrieve her and that she had been waiting on Earth for hundreds of years waiting for her arrival. Now understanding of the situation, Tiga allowed Makeena to Saki and together both aliens left Earth peacefully.
- Suit Actor: Toshio Miyake
- Makeena might have been inspired by Kiraa, considering both monsters are similar in some ways; both kaijus are benevolent guardians and messengers with intention of escorting an alien woman (Princess Kaguya in Kiraa's case) back to her home instead of destroying earth's cities with hostile intent, both kaijus have a ball form which could fly, and both kaijus are spared by Ultraman Leo/Tiga, and allowed to leave with the woman they're tasked with escorting back.
- Makeena shares the same title as the Ultraman Great monster, Gazebo.
- Makeena's design is based on an armadillo.
- Makeena is the first monster spared by Ultraman Tiga.
- Strangely a villanous monster named Makila may have been inspired by Makeena in the Tiga Manga.
Powers and WeaponsEdit
- Armor: Makeena's armor is strong enough to withstand and even repel projectile attacks. They can enclose and protect his body completely.
- Flight: When encased inside his armor, Makeena is capable of anti-gravity flight.