"(Laughs) How hilarious! I thought I was only choosing an appearance Gai Kurenai wouldn't attack. But I even have humans willing to shield me."
- ―Alien Zetton Maddock talking through Maya
|Home world:||Earth (Ultraman Orb)|
|First appearance:||Ultraman Orb Episode 21: "The Girl With the Blue Ribbon" (2016)|
|Affiliation:||Alien Zetton Maddock (Creator and controller)|
Hyper Zetton Deathscythe
Satoru Iwaki (Adopted grandfather)
Kaoru Iwaki (Adopted grandmother)
Created and activated upon Maddock's own demise, the artificial life forms lives among the streets until she was adopted by the Iwaki couple as their foster granddaughter. As she lives with them, this cause her to develop a personality of her own. Maddock's original subconscious rises several times trying to usurp control over her body and unleashes Hyper Zetton Deathscythe around the suburban area but failed.
In one of those attempts, Maddock came to encounter Gai Kurenai but fainted in the middle of the battle. When Maya resurfaced, she was at her foster grandparents' house, fearing that she would be lost forever. When Gai paid a visit, Maddock took action and attacked him, revealing himself in front of his friends and unleashed Hyper Zetton Deathscythe. As Gai/Ultraman orb fought the monster, Maya comes with an internal conflict with Maddock and managed to destroy the bracelet that controlled Zetton, causing Maddock to disappear at the expense of her memories. She was awakened sometime later with no recollections of her foster elders and went travelling abroad. A fellow traveller, Gai reminded her that she could travel anywhere she wanted but at least having a place to return would be greater.
- Actress: Kayako Okuda
- In her Twitter account, Kayako express her liking towards her guest role in Ultraman Orb and had photographed herself with a figure of Hyper Zetton Deathscythe several times.
- Maya shares her name with the Alien Magellan from Ultraseven.
- Maya's situation and debut episode is similar to the plot of the Ultraman Max Episodes, Zetton's Daughter and Love and King Joe, wherein a young woman was used as host by Alien Zetton to plot the demise of the titular Ultraman.
Powers and Weapons
- Bracelet: Maya's main weapon is a bracelet on her right arm, from which Maddock took control her with and also manipulate the Hyper Zetton.
- Teleportation: Through the bracelet, Maya can teleport to any destination she desired.
- Energy Beam
- Remote Control: The bracelet's second main purpose is to manipulate Hyper Zetton Deathscythe from a safer distance.
By destroying the bracelet, Maya would be freed from Maddock's control and can also weakening Hyper Zetton Deathscythe but at the expense of her previous memories.