"(Laughs) How hilarious! I thought I was only choosing an appearance Gai Kurenai wouldn't attack. But I even have humans willing to shield me."
- ―Alien Zetton Maddock talking through Maya
|Home world:||Earth (Ultraman Orb)|
|First appearance:||Ultraman Orb Episode 21: "The Girl With the Blue Ribbon" (2016)|
|Affiliation:||Alien Zetton Maddock (Creator and controller)|
Hyper Zetton Deathscythe
Satoru Iwaki (Adopted grandfather)
Kaoru Iwaki (Adopted grandmother)
Before Maddock's attack with Hyper Zetton Deathscythe, he made an artificial life form named Maya. Maddock attatched a bracelet to Maya's right wrist, that allowed her to control a second Hyper Zetton Deathscythe. After Maddock's demise, Maya was activated and lived among the streets until she was adopted by the Iwaki couple as their foster granddaughter. As she lives with them, this cause her to develop a personality of her own. Maddock's original subconscious rises several times trying to usurp control over her body. Maddock attempted multiple times to unleash a second Hyper Zetton Deathscythe around the suburban area but failed.
In one of those attempts, Maya (under control of Maddock) encountered Gai Kurenai but fainted in the middle of the battle. When Maya resurfaced, she was at her foster grandparents' house, fearing that she would be lost forever. When Gai paid a visit, Maddock took action and attacked him, revealing himself in front of his friends and unleashed Hyper Zetton Deathscythe. Gai transformed into Ultraman Orb and began fighting the monster. Maya's will paralyzed Maddock and she took the chance to destroy the bracelet that controlled Hyper Zetton Deathscythe, causing Maddock to disappear at the expense of her memories. She was awakened sometime later with no recollections of her foster elders and went travelling abroad. A fellow traveller, Gai reminded her that she could travel anywhere she wanted but at least having a place to return would be greater.
- Actress: Kayako Okuda
- In her Twitter account, Kayako express her liking towards her guest role in Ultraman Orb and had photographed herself with a figure of Hyper Zetton Deathscythe several times.
- Maya shares her name with the Alien Magellan from Ultraseven.
- Maya's situation and debut episode is similar to the plot of the Ultraman Max Episodes, Zetton's Daughter and Love and King Joe, wherein a young woman was used as host by Alien Zetton to plot the demise of the titular Ultraman.
Powers and Weapons
- Bracelet: Maya's main weapon is a bracelet on her right arm, from which Maddock took control her with and also manipulate the Hyper Zetton.
- Teleportation: Through the bracelet, Maya can teleport to any destination she desired. The effect for this ability is the same as Hyper Zetton's.
- Energy Bullet: Maya can fire a medium strengthed energy bullet from the bracelet.
- Remote Control: The bracelet's main purpose is to manipulate Hyper Zetton Deathscythe from a safe distance. However, if Maya's will interferes this connection will be broken.
If the bracelet is destroyed, Maya will be freed from Maddock's control, which also weakens Hyper Zetton Deathscythe. However, this will erase her previous memories.