|Mother of Ultra|
|Human Host/Form:||The Lady in Green|
|Age:||over 140,000 years old|
|Home world:||Land of Light|
|Voice actor(s):||Peggy Hayama (Ultraman Taro)|
Taeko Uesaka (Monster VS Ultra Brothers 6)
Masako Ikeda (Ultraman Story - Ultraman Mebius)
Hasegawa Rie (Ultra Galaxy Legends)
Miki Ohtani (current)
Rie Hasegawa (Mega Monster Battle: Ultra Galaxy Legend The Movie)
Chika Sakamoto (Ultraman Graffiti)
Megumi Hayashibara (The Ultraman (Short Clip))
|Suit actor(s):||Makoto Yasutomi (Ultraman Taro)|
Yumiko Otsuki (Ultraman Story)
Tomomi Ota (Ultraman Mebius)
Jun Yamashita (Ultra Galaxy Legends)
|First Appearance:||Ultraman Taro Episode 1: "Like the Sun, Mother of Ultra" (1973)|
|Last Appearance:||The Ultraman (Short Clip)|
|Number of Appearances:||7 (Taro)|
|Family:||Father of Ultra(husband)|
|Affiliation:||Space Garrison, Ultra Brothers|
Mother of Ultra (ウルトラの母 Urutora no Haha?) is one of the most important members of the Space Garrison, as she is mostly a medic. Her debut was in the first episode of Ultraman Taro and is the mother of Taro. Her real name, Marie (マリー Marī?), was revealed by Ultraman Belial in Mega Monster Battle: Ultra Galaxy Legend The Movie.
Great Ultra War
Due to the formation of the Space Garrison and their set goal of bringing justice to the universe, the Land of Light was attacked by Alien Empera's great monster army and was conquered by The Emperor's forces. However the people of the Land of Light continued to fight back. Marie was the head nurse of the Silver Cross, a medical group that was formed during the war against The Emperor.
It was during that time when Marie met Ken, the young Ultra Crusader who would go on to defeat The Emperor. It was Marie who treated Ken's wounds after the battle was finished. She would eventually become Ken's wife and together they rebuilt the Space Garrison, becoming the Father and Mother of Ultra.
During this time she and Ken adopted the son of Ken's late friend.
Not much is known about Marie at this point in time, but she knew Belial before he sought out the power of the Plasma Spark.
Some time later she gave birth to Taro.
Mother of Ultra first appeared before Kotaro Higashi as a human crossing guard and gave him a special item called "The Ultra Badge," saying it was a good luck charm. Later, when Kotaro was killed by the monster Astromons, she transported him to the Land of Light. There, as her true self, and along side the five Ultra Brothers witness the merge between Kotaro with her son, Ultraman Taro. Kotaro is then returned to Earth only a moment after he left, but reborn with Taro. From that point on, Mother would continue to appear on Earth to aid both Kotaro and Ultraman Taro in battle, by healing/fighting alongside him, like their battle against Live King. She is also responsible for bringing both Zoffy and Taro back to life after they were killed by the monster Birdon. Eventually, Kotaro returns the Badge to her, when Taro returned to the Land of Light.
The Six Ultra Brothers vs. The Monster Army
Then, some time later, Piko, a young village boy, takes a bullet in the face and dies after valiantly trying to prevent the statue of a god from being stolen by thugs. In the Land of Light, Mother sticks her hand into a box, and it emerges from the sky on Earth and takes the body of Piko away as his friends look on. Mother then transforms and resurrects Piko into the white monkey god, Hanuman, to not only get revenge, but also aid the ultra brothers in a battle against a revived army of monsters.
Mother of Ultra also appeared in this movie, she was present with Father of Ultra and the Ultra Brothers and Zero to discuss about the new issue. Later, when Zero decided to go, Mother of Ultra also gave Zero her light. Later, she was returning back to the Land of Light when the Ultras defeated Belial's army.
Amzu Plaza Commercial
Mother of Ultra appeared with Jamila, Dada and Pigmon as fashion models for the clothing store Amzu Plaza in the city of Fukuoka, for the summer collection of 2014
- Height: 40 m
- Weight: 32,000
- Age: Over 140,000 years
- Flight Speed: Mach 10
- Running Speed: 600 km per hour
- Underwater Speed: 120 knots
- Jumping Distance: 350 m
- Mother Red (マザーレッド Mazā Reddo?): Protrusions on her head which communicates with Father of Ultra and senses the Ultra Brothers in peril.
- Silver Cross Decoration (銀十字勲章 Ginjūji Kunshō?): The pig-tails like decoration on her ears. They are badges of bravery, commemorating her service to the Silver Cross Corp
- Mother Blue (マザーブルー Mazā Burū?): A bracelet on her left forearm.
Mother of Ultra possesses fantastic healing abilities, and she is skilled in melee combat. She also possesses many characteristics and abilities, listed here:
- Mother Beam (マザー光線 Mazā Kōsen?): A recovery beam from her right arm with the energy of the Mother Blue. She usually shouts "Mother Beam" before using it.
- Mother Shower (マザーシャワー Mazā Shawā?): A shower of energy which revives the dead.
- Mother Destruction Beam (マザー破壊光線 Mazā Hakai Kōsen?): A powerful beam from her right arm. Used in conjunction with Taro's Storium Ray to destroy Liveking. Can destroy monsters in one shot.
- Power Beam: A beam from her both hands.
- Silver Cross Beam (銀十字光線 Ginjūji Kōsen?): A recovery beam from her both hands. Not used in shows.
- Relive Beam (リライブ光線 Riraibu Kōsen?): A beam which revives the dead. Not used in shows.
- Mother Punch: A fast punch used against Ultraman Belial.
- Mother Kick: A variation of very powerful kick techniques, used against Belial. These include a roundhouse kick and a high kick.
- Father of Ultra: Husband
- Ultraman Taro: Son
- Ultraseven: Nephew
- Ultraman Jack: Brother-in-law
- Ultraman Ace: Adopted Son
- Ultraman Zero: Grandnephew
- Seven's Father: Brother-in-law
- Seven's Mother: Sister, died durring Seven's childhood
- Seven's Brother: Nephew
- Seven's Sister: Niece
- In the first episode, her suit is actually the Ultraman suit with breasts and hair added. This is because her actual suit was not finished yet, and is the reason for her freakish first appearance.
- Mother of Ultra's human form, The Lady In Green, was portrayed by Peggy Hayama, who also was the voice actor for her in the series Ultraman Taro.
- Because Mother of Ultra's suit actor in Ultraman Taro was a man, Tsuburaya did not credit the actor, fearing that the information would "break the children's dreams". Since Taro all of Mother of Ultra's suit actors have been female.
- Tsuburaya revealed that it was the Mother of Ultra that saved Dan Moroboshi from Silver Bloome when MAC was destroyed. Originally Zoffy was to be the one who would save Dan.