|SSSS.GRIDMAN, Episode 5|
|Watch on Crunchyroll|
Provocation (疑・心 Chōhatsu) is the fifth episode of SSSS.GRIDMAN.
Yuta heads out of town for a school trip. Because of his amnesia, Yuta feels like it is his first time. Akane approached Yuta, who enjoyed his time afting with his friends at the mountain's river. Yuta starts to notice an unexpected side of Akane, and the largest monster yet appears in the mountains. However, if Yuta does not get back to the junk shop, he cannot unite with Gridman. For the first time, transformation is impossible.
Voice Drama 5.5
It's Not Gridman's Fault (グリッドマンは悪くない Guriddoman wa Warukunai)
The gang discuss where to put Junk.
- Yuta Hibiki (響裕太 Hibiki Yūta): Yuya Hirose (広瀬 裕也 Hirose Yūya) (Japanese dub)/Brandon McInnis (Funimation Dub)
- Gridman (グリッドマン Guriddoman): Hikaru Midorikawa (緑川 光 Midorikawa Hikaru) (Japanese dub)/Robert McCollum (Funimation Dub)
- Sho Utsumi (内海 将 Utsumi Shō): Soma Saito (斉藤 壮馬 Saitō Sōma) (Japanese dub)/Greg Ayres (Funimation Dub)
- Rikka Takarada (宝多六花 Takarada Rikka): Yume Miyamoto (宮本 侑芽 Miyamoto Yume) (Japanese dub)/Jill Harris (Funimation Dub)
- Akane Shinjo (新条 アカネ Shinjō Akane): Reina Ueda (上田 麗奈 Ueda Reina) (Japanese dub)/Lindsay Seidel (Funimation Dub)
- Alexis・Kerib (アレクシス・ケリヴ Arekushisu Kerivu): Tetsu Inada (稲田徹 Inada Tetsu) (Japanese dub)/Barry Yandell (Funimation Dub)
- Rikka's Mother (六花ママ Rikka Mama): Mayumi Shintani (新谷真弓 Shintani Mayumi) (Japanese dub)/Anastasia Munoz (Funimation Dub)
- Namiko (なみこ Namiko): Suzuko Mimori (三森 すずこ Mimori Suzuko) (Japanese dub)/Sarah Wiedenheft (Funimation Dub)
- Hass (はっす Hassu): Akari Kito (鬼頭明里 Kitō Akari) (Japanese dub)/Amber Lee Connors (Funimation Dub)
- Samurai・Calibur (サムライ・キャリバー Samurai Kyaribā): Ryosuke Takahashi (高橋良輔 Takahashi Ryōsuke) (Japanese dub)/Ian Sinclair (Funimation Dub)
- Max (マックス Makkusu): Katsuyuki Konishi (小西克幸 Konishi Katsuyuki) (Japanese dub)/Cris George (Funimation Dub)
- Vit (ヴィット Vitto): Masaya Matsukaze (松風雅也 Matsukaze Masaya) (Japanese dub)/Chris Burnett (Funimation Dub)
- Borr (ボラー Borā): Aoi Yuki (悠木碧 Yūki Aoi) (Japanese dub)/Apphia Yu (Funimation Dub)
- Anti (アンチ Anchi): Kenichi Suzumura (鈴村健一 Suzumura Ken'ichi) (Japanese dub)/Stephen Fu (Funimation Dub)
- Primal Fighter
- Buster Gridman (First appearance)
- Primal Fighter
- Buster Borr
Superhuman Samurai Syber-Squad
- The Neon Genesis Junior High Students bringing Junk to the mountains so Yuta can merge with Gridman is a reference to the final episode wherein Team Samurai brought along their computer when hiking in case of Megavirus Monster attack, which does happen and Tanker becomes Servo for that episode.
- The two vans that come to pick up the Tsutsujidai students during Go'yavec's rampage have their design based off of G1 Ironhide from the Transformers franchise.
- The scene with the public phone and Rikka using it is a recreation of a similar scene in Neon Genesis Evangelion.
- Buster Gridman's combination sequence replicates that of Great Fighbird from The Brave Fighter of Sun Fighbird.
|Awakening | Restoration | Defeat | Suspicion | Provocation | Contact | Scheme | Confrontation | Dream|