|Nature:||The shruken and sealed forms of various Ultras, monsters and alien beings.|
|Powers:||Varies per Doll|
|First Appearance:||New Ultraman Retsuden|
Spark Dolls (スパークドール Supāku Dōru?) are the transformed bodies of Ultras, monsters, and Aliens from various universes.
New Ultraman RetsudenEdit
Some time prior to the series, a multiversal war named the Dark Spark War raged between the side of good and the side of evil, with the participants being comprised of the Ultramen versus the monsters and aliens for the universe. In the middle of the battle a dark giant appeared, looming over everyone else and transformed them into Spark Dolls. It was then that an Ultraman named Ginga fought the dark figure however their battle ended in a draw, resulting in both being changed into Spark Dolls locked away in their respective devices. The devices and the Spark Dolls fell to Earth where the Ginga Spark was eventually found and housed in the Ginga Shrine as a holy object. Years later, Hikaru Raido found the Ginga Spark and the presence of this object caused the various Spark Dolls hidden around his hometown to being to activate. In response the villain's lackey Alien Valky, Alien Icarus and Alien Nackle Gray began going about giving the Dark Dummy Spark to corrupt minded individuals to sow chaos on Earth.
In aftermath of Ginga's battle with Lugiel, the curse befall on the Spark Dolls was lifted as they return back to their homeworlds.
Ultraman Ginga SEdit
The Spark Dolls appeared again in the second season of Ultraman Ginga. Their sudden appearance seems to be caused by the Alien Chibu known as Exceller. Their origin is unknown, but some dialogue implies that may have also been in some manner of battle. It is also noted that the Victorium Crystals apparently have a similar energy signature to that of Spark Dolls. Ultraman Victory, a subterranean Ultra Warrior portrayed the ability to partially manifest their powers through the use of Ultrans.
In Ultraman X, Spark Dolls were scattered around the globe and stored beneath the Earth's surface and in its oceans. They were also treated as OOParts, possibly since said world is a parallel dimension in contrast to the Ultraman Ginga timeline. However, a strange purple solar flare bathed the Earth and triggered OOPArts from around the world, thus they awakened and rampaged, causing worldwide panic. Due to this, Xio was formed and fifteen years later, Ultraman X arrived on Earth to fight these threats. Ultraman X's Xanadium Ray had a similar effect to Dark Lugiel, which involved turning/reverting a target to its Spark Doll state.
In this universe, Spark Dolls were not only OOPArts in Earth, but also weapons used by any available alien factions, as shown when Alien Zarab reanimated Bemstar and Alien Nackle Bandero stole them to sell for his client. Certain planets like Planet Gold create their own robot, Rudian, which was the first Ultra Kaiju to be naturally a Spark Doll.
Later, Sparks Dolls from defeated Kaiju and Seijin would be kept by Xio as they used the Spark Dolls' elements in creating Cyber Cards. This is eventually an advantage for the Spark Dolls as their consciousness were shared to the Cyber Monster, allowing them to fight in the reality even with their original bodies in stasis. However, for them to be used, the user must gain their approval first. Once the negotiation turns out to be successful, their Spark Doll would appear and the user Realize them.
As it seems that the traits of Spark Dolls in this world were reduced to mindless dolls, but eventually they are observant and well aware of the surroundings. At the very least, they had the ability to foresight any danger they would face by vibrating themselves to alert anyone. Thankfully via the usage of Gao Diction from Xio Devizer, humans are capable understanding their messages.
- The Spark Dolls are similar to the Ranger Keys of Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger and the Rider Cards in Kamen Rider Decade.
- They are similar to the Ranger Keys in that they hold the powers of the beings they resemble. Only in this case they are the beings they represent.
- They are similar to the Rider Cards, specifically in the movie Kamen Rider × Kamen Rider W & Decade: Movie War 2010, Decade: The Last Story, in which they both were acquired when they defeat an opponent.
- Another similarity with the Rider Cards is that they both have their own monster variations (Kaijin Ride Cards)
- They are also similar to the Rider Cards of Kamen Rider Diend whom can summon holographic manifestations of riders.
- The only known conscious Spark Doll appeared to be Ultraman Taro, however, Ginga spoke in Episode 6, revealing that he too, was still conscious, which was why Hikaru cannot transform at will.
- Despite speaking in Spark Doll Theater, all of Hikaru's Spark Dolls have had their consciousness sealed (Spark Doll Theater is a comedy show and not canon).
- Spark Dolls are the first transformation items to have a major toy-line, as they replace the Ultra Monster Series and the Ultra Hero Series.
- They are also officially known as the Monster 500 series due to the fact that the figures are 500 Yen each, excluding DX Series.
|Ultramen Powers, Traits and Objects of Interest|
|Ultra Traits and abilities||Ultraman Title | Ultra Beam | Ultra's Inner Light | Color Timer | Beam Lamp | Crest Weapons | Protectors | Bracers | Solar Energy Absorption | Light Crystal | Zenshin Crystals | V Crystals | Ultra Armor | Mental Abilities | Ultra Signs | Human Hosts/Forms | Dimensional Field|
|Ultra related Items||Transformation Items | Specium | Ultra Bracelet | Ultra Array | Ultra Bell | Ultra Key | Max Galaxy | Plasma Spark | Aarb Gear | Techtor Gear | Ultimate Aegis | Spark Dolls | Strium Brace | Ultra Fusion Brace | Knight Timbre | Cyber Cards | MonsArmor | Ultra Fusion Cards | Kaiju Cards | Ultra Capsule | Kaiju Capsule|
|Manga Only||Plasma Ore | Ultraman suit | Ultraman Factor|