|Home world:||Planet Earth, Deep Sea|
|First appearance:||Return of Ultraman episode 1 "All Monsters Attack"|
|Latest appearance:||Return of Ultraman episode 2 "Takkong's Big Counterattack"|
|Affiliation:||Beryudora (Body part)|
Subtitle: Oil Monster (オイル怪獣 - Oiru Kaijū?)
- Height: 45 m
- Weight: 23,000 t
- Origin: Tokyo Bay
Return of UltramanEdit
Takkong was one of two aquatic monsters that rose from the depths of the ocean along with Zazahn. The two monsters began to do battle at once, smashing through nearby structures in Tokyo Bay. During the midst of their fight, a young man known as Hideki Go was killed while he was rescuing the lives a young boy and his dog from the two monsters' destruction. Zazahn and Takkong continued their titanic war until finally, the battle ended with Zazahn being killed by Takkong. Takkong then set his sights on the city, but a bright flash of light forced Takkong to retreat back to the ocean.
Takkong returned a few days later, attacking the MAT's underwater base. Luckily, they managed to drive him off with the use of two torpedoes, but not before it ruptured an oil line. The massive beast also wasn’t dead yet though, as it began to feed on the oil of one of the Japanese refineries. The creature hoisted itself from the depths, igniting the entire area as explosions tore up from the ground. When MAT finally arrived, Goh transformed himself into Ultraman. The red and silver hero grappled with the creature, but upon getting his head too close, the creature unleashed a blast of water, momentarily blinding the alien being. Regaining his composure, the hero tore off one of the monster’s limbs before hitting it with his own Specium Ray. The intense energies sent Takkong to the ground, sparks rising from its body before the entire behemoth exploded.
- Suit actor: Toya Takanobu.
- Design: Ikeya SenKatsu.
- It can be assumed that Takkongs design inspired the Ultraman Leo monster Kendoros, and the Iron King robot Jurass-Don due to their near identical body structures.
- Takkong's roar is a modified Ebirah roar.
- The Takkong suit was inspired by the design of an octopus, which according to Japanese viewers is rounded as well as the numerous "suckers" that surround Takkong's body.
- Although not physically seen, Takkong is one of the monsters that makes up Beryudora's right arm in Mega Monster Battle: Ultra Galaxy Legend The Movie.
- Originally Takkong was going to be the one revived and controlled by Alien Bat in the film, Ultraman Saga. However he was replaced by Gubila for unknown reasons.
- Takkong is the first Kaiju to appear in Return of Ultraman, beating Zazahn by basically a second.
Powers and WeaponsEdit
- Water Stream: Takkong can spit a stream of water from his mouth and some of the pours covering his body.
- Adapt Swimmer: Being an aquatic monster, Takkong can swim at moderate speeds.
|Return of Ultraman Kaiju & Seijin|
|Takkong | Zazahn | Arstron | Sadola | Detton | Kingsaurus III | Gudon | Twin Tail | Gorbagos | Ghostron | Dangar | Stegon | Mognezun | Shugaron | Seamons | Seagorath | Eledortus | Terochilus | Bemstar | Sartan | Magnedon | Beacon | Gokinezula | Zanika | Vacuumon | Kupukupu | Kingstron | Zagorath | Nokogilin | Gronken | Varricane | Yadokarin | Oxter | Plooma | Alien Zelan | King Maimai | Alien Mates | Muruchi | Leogon | Pris-Ma | Draculas | Re-Seagorath | Re-Bemstar | Black King | Alien Nackle | Alien Varduck | Alien Black | Snowgon | Alien Baltan. Jr | Builgamo | Alien Stora | Paragon | Alien Grotes | Kodaigon | Granadas | Alien Centaurus | Robonez | Alien Cygnus-61 | Alien Messie | Alien Zoole | Red Killer | Femigon | Yametaranese | Sasahiller | Alien Ateria | Alien Mysteler | King Bockle | Alien Bat | Zetton II|