|Home world:||None, the Tarban travels through space|
|First appearance:||Ultraman Tiga Episode 46 "Let's Go to Kamakura!|
Subtitle: Rainbow Colored Monster (虹色怪獣 Nijiiro Kaijū?)
- Height: 40 m (child), 200 m (adult)
- Weight: 40,000 t (child), 200,000 t (adult)
- Origin: Space
Taraban were monsters that lived peacefully in space. The baby of the monster found itself stranded on Earth when it arrived as a meteor and landed in Sagami Bay. To hide, the baby Taraban camouflaged itself near a railroad in Kamakura to avoid detection from GUTS or anyone nearby. The baby Taraban would continue to hide in the vicinity of the railroad as the alarm made by the Enoden was similar to its mother's call and so continued to reside by it, longing to see its parent again. Eventually, the baby was found by the son of a man who was searching for him to prove of his existence, and once GUTS attacked it, the provoked baby Taraban began to attack the city. Ultraman Tiga soon appeared and tried to hold off the baby Taraban's assaults, but the Taraban was a tricky opponent for Tiga to handle with ease. Once the train operator learned of the truth behind Taraban's presence, he calmed the monster down by blowing the Enoden's alarm and reminding it of its parent in space. Noting that the Taraban was longing to be reunited with its parent, Tiga took the Enoden with his Ultra Psychic and lured Taraban into space, where it was finally reunited with its mother, and held onto the Enoden as a souvenir from its time on Earth.
- Suit actor: Toshio Miyake
- Taraban's roar is a modified Mecha Baltan roar.
- Taraban's creation was the result of a contest held by Tsuburaya Productions.
- Taraban is one of the few monsters Ultraman Tiga spared.
Powers and WeaponsEdit
- Camouflage: Taraban can hide themselves and blend in with any environment around themselves.
- Flight: Taraban are capable of anti-gravity flight.
- Dissolving Ray: Taraban can fire a white spray from its mouth that can dissolve anything it touches.
- Liquidization: Taraban can reduce itself into a liquid-like substance to travel around.