|Ultra Operation No.1|
|Ultraman, Episode 1|
|Screenplay by|| Shinichi Sekizawa|
|Directed by||Hajime Tsuburaya|
|Special skill director||Koichi Takano|
Birth of Ultraman
Shoot the Invaders!
|Watch on Hulu|
Ultra Operation No.1 (ウルトラ作戦第一号 Urutora Sakusen Daiichigō) is the first episode of Ultraman.
While patrolling the skies on the night shift, Shin Hayata reports back to home base he has seen a U.F.O. An enormous red orb is chasing a blue orb across the night sky. As fate would have it, Hayata's ship accidentally collides with the red object just as the blue U.F.O. descends into a nearby lake. Hayata is saved by the strange alien inhabiting the red glowing vessel. From the Nebula M-78, the benevolent being explains it was pursuing the monstrous pilot of the blue ship, Bemular, after it escaped being escorted to the Space Graveyard. Merging with Hayata and giving him the Beta Capsule, the Scientific Special Search Party (SSSP) member secretly becomes Ultraman whenever monsters or aliens threaten the Earth.
- Shin Hayata (ハヤタ シン, Hayata Shin ): Susumu Kurobe (黒部 進, Kurobe Susumu )
- Toshio Muramatsu (ムラマツ・トシオ,Muramatsu Toshio ): Akiji Kobayashi (小林 昭二, Kobayashi Akiji )
- Akiko Fuji (フジ アキコ, Fuji Akiko ): Hiroko Sakurai (櫻井 浩子, Sakurai Hiroko )
- Daisuke Arashi (アラシ・ダイスケ Arashi Daisuke): Sandayū Dokumamushi (毒蝮 三太夫, Dokumamushi Sandayū )
- Mitsuhiro Ide (イデ・ミツヒロ Ide Mitsuhiro): Masanari Nihei (二平 政成, Nihei Masanari )
- Isamu Hoshino (ホシノ・イサム, Hoshino Isamu ): Akihide Tsuwaza (津沢 彰秀 Tsuzawa Akihide )
- Ultraman (ウルトラマン Urutoraman): Masao Nakasone (中曽根雅夫, Nakasone Masao )(grunts), Nisashi Kondo (近藤久, Kondo Nisashi )Kondo Nisashi?) (voice)
- Narrator (ナレーター, NaretaKoji Ishizaka (石坂浩二, Ishizaka Koji ) ):
- Ultraman (ウルトラマン Urutoraman): Bin Furuya (古谷 敏 Toshi Furuya)
- Bemular (ベムラー Bemurā): Teruo Aragaki (新垣輝雄 Aragaki Teruo)
- Ultraman(First appearance)
- Bemular (First appearance)
"Who's there? Who are you?"
"An inhabitant of Nebula M78?"
"He is a space monster that can only bring forth chaos and destruction like a devil. I apologize for what I did to you, officer Hayata, for this reason I will give my life to you."
"Your life? What will happen to you then?"
"Wait a second. You've been calling him "he", like a friend, but what's his name?"
"He doesn't have a name."
"Don't joke, Everyone has a name."
"Then let's see-- How about Ultraman?"
"Right, Ultraman. What do you think?"
"Well-- That's "ultra" good!"
- Ultraman Volume 1 Features Episodes 1-4.
- Ultraman The Complete Series.
- The US DVD Release Ultraman Here He Comes From the Sky Features Episodes 1-10.
- This episode was later featured in New Ultraman Retsuden episode 144: First Ultraman Advent! Ultra Operation Number One.