|Ultraman: Great Monster Decisive Battle|
|Directed by:||Noriko Anakura|
|Produced by:||Noboru Tsuburaya|
|Written by:||Toshihiro Iijima|
|Music by:||Kunio Miyauchi|
|Distributed by:||Tsuburaya Productions|
|Release Date(s)||July 21, 1979|
|Running time||100 min.|
Ultraman: Great Monster Decisive Battle (ウルトラマン怪獣大決戦 Urutoraman Kaijū Daikessen?) is a 1979 Japanese tokusatsu kaiju film produced by Tsuburaya Productions, consisting of re-edited material from the original television series Ultraman.
Ultraman: The Great Decisive Battle was the 1st movie of the 3rd showa phase (Jissouji's Ultraman being 1st and Ultra Brothers vs. The Monster Army being 2nd) and because of this Tsuburaya decided to make this a reunion of the last 12 ultras (aside Ultraman 80 which hadn't come out yet). Tsuburaya decided to give this a different tone than Jissouji's Ultraman, having more new scenes and appealing to the all-ultra fan.
The movie starts with a new theme song showing Ultraman flying to M78. After the theme song ends we are given information about the ultras. Then Ultraman King lets Ultraman go to Earth and help the SSSP, from this point the flim becomes stock footage of the original Ultraman episodes. Then when Ultraman is battling Alien Baltan, Alien Baltan splits himself into 2 creating a obstacle but luckly Ultraman manages to stop Alien Baltan when he went back to one form. The film ends with the narrator showing the Ultra Brothers about to see Ultraman fly to the end credits.
- Ultraman Jack
- Ultraman Ace
- Ultraman Taro
- Ultraman Leo
- Ultraman Joneus (live-action)
- Ultraman King
- Father of Ultra
- Mother of Ultra
- Zetton ll
- Alien Atlanta
- Red King
- Alien Baltan (new footage)
- Alien Baltan ll
- Shin Hayata (ハヤタ シン, Hayata Shin?) Susumu Kurobe (黒部 進, Kurobe Susumu?)
- Toshio Muramatsu (ムラマツ・トシオ,Muramatsu Toshio?):Akiji Kobayashi (小林 昭二, Kobayashi Akiji?)
- Akiko Fuji (フジ アキコ, Fuji Akiko?):Hiroko Sakurai (櫻井 浩子, Sakurai Hiroko?)
- Daisuke Arashi (アラシ・ダイスケ Arashi Daisuke?):Sandayū Dokumamushi (毒蝮 三太夫, Dokumamushi Sandayū?)
- Mitsuhiro Ide (イデ・ミツヒロ Ide Mitsuhiro?):Masanari Nihei (二平 政成, Nihei Masanari?)
Ultraman: Great Monster Decisive Battle was released on DVD in Japan on September 13, 2006.
- "ウルトラマン 怪獣大決戦" (in Japanese). Japanese Movie Database.
- "ウルトラマン 怪獣大決戦(1979)" (in Japanese).www.allcinema.net.
- "ウルトラマン 怪獣大決戦"(in Japanese).www.walkerplus.com.
- This film (along with The Ultraman) started the 3rd phase of the Showa Era.
- This 3rd phase introduced a SFX Boom, that was inspired off of the Star Wars that came out in 1977. One of Tsuburya's creation's, Dinosaur Great War Izenborg was the company's first attempt at the Star Wars effects.