|Ultraman Max Arrives|
|Ultraman Max, Episode 1|
|Air date|| 07/02/2005,|
|Screenplay by|| Kengo Kaji|
|Directed by||Shusuke Kaneko|
|Special skill director||Kenji Suzuki|
Words from the Heart -Final Trilogy III-
The Girl Who Keeps a Monster
|Watch on Crunchyroll|
A volcano erupts, and the area is evacuated. Nobody except one boy knows a monster is hiding in the mountainside. Kaito, a volunteer, accidentally gains a new power, while another threat is discovered. Who is the giant?
At a volcanic mountain in Japan, a young boy named Shota sees a monster in a cave before a sudden eruption occurs, however, nobody believes his reports. Kaito is one of the volunteers helping the evacuees from the area.
Shota brings a camera to obtain a picture of the monster, but Grangon bursts out of the mountainside, terrifying him. While everyone else is being evacuated, Kaito hears of the boy's plight and goes to rescue him in a van.
The UDF sends out DASH to combat Grangon. They engage, but are distracted by seeing Kaito on the ground, who had just managed to rescue Shota. He flees in the van, with Grangon breathing fireballs in pursuit. DASH manages to freeze the monster, breaking it into pieces.
At the DASH base, Professor Yoshinaga explains her theory: that kaiju are humanity's natural enemies, due to their harmful effect on nature. Just then, Lagoras appears. DASH attacks, only to discover that Grangon is still alive, and Lagoras is heading for his location.
The two monsters battle, while Kaito helps people evacuate. In the process, the DASH planes are downed. Mizuki's, hit by Grangon's tail, lands nearby. Kaito takes over, but is soon shot down by Lagoras. He is saved by Ultraman Max.
Lagoras and Grangon continue their fight, when Max appears. He destroys both kaiju. Later, Kaito is admitted into DASH, and gives a name to the Giant of Light who saved him: Ultraman Max.
- Kaito Touma (トウマ・カイト Tōma Kaito?): Sōta Aoyama (青山 草太 Aoyama Sōta?)
- Shigeru Hijikata (ヒジカタ・シゲル Hijikata Shigeru?): Kai Shishido (宍戸 開 Shishido Kai?)
- Mizuki Koishikawa (コイシカワ・ミズキ Koishikawa Mizuki?): Hitomi Hasebe (長谷部 瞳 Hasebe Hitomi?)
- Kenjiro Koba (コバ・ケンジロウ Koba Kenjirō?): Nobuyuki Ogawa (小川 信行 Ogawa Nobuyuki?)
- Sean White (ショーン・ホワイト Shōn Howaito?): Sean Nichols (ショーン・ニコルス Shōn Nikorusu?)
- Elly (エリー Erī?): Hikari Mitsushima (満島 ひかり Mitsushima Hikari?)
- Kenzo Tomioka (トミオカ・ケンゾウ Tomioka Kenzō?): Susumu Kurobe (黒部 進 Kurobe Susumu?)
- Yukari Yoshinaga (ヨシナガ・ユカリ Yoshinaga Yukari?): Hiroko Sakurai (桜井 浩子 Sakurai Hiroko?)
- Ultraman Max (voice) (ウルトラマンマックス（声） Urutoraman Makkusu (koe)?): Kazuya Nakai (中井 和哉 Nakai Kazuya?)
- Narration (ナレーション Narēshon?): Shirō Sano (佐野 史郎 Sano Shirō?)
Ultraman Max Volume 1 features episodes 1-2.
- This episode was later featured in Ultraman Retsuden Episode 15: Birth of Ultraman Max! Defeat the 2 Monsters!!
- The episode was premiered on American television by TOKU on January 27, 2017