|Human Host/Form:||Nozomu Taiga,|
|Voice actor(s):||Mamoru Miyano|
|Suit actor(s):||Iwata Sakae Kei|
|First Appearance:||Ultraman Saga|
|Number of Appearances:||Ultraman Saga (1)|
|Family:||Ultraman Zero (Component)|
Ultraman Dyna (Component)
Ultraman Cosmos (Component)
Ultraman Saga (ウルトラマンサーガ, Urutoraman Sāga?) is a Super Ultra who is a fusion of Ultraman Zero, Dyna and Cosmos, similar to how the latter fuses with Ultraman Justice into Ultraman Legend. His only appearance was in the 2012 film Ultraman Saga.
Saga is a reference to the stories and legends of the Ultras, the word "Saga" is defined as any narrative or legend of heroic exploits. Synonyms of "saga" include epic, story, tale, and history. In other words, this Ultra represents the heroic acts of previous Ultras.
After the Ultramen Zero, Dyna and Cosmos were unable to defeat the apocalyptic Hyper Zetton, Nozomu Taiga, Shin Asuka, and Musashi Haruno were left scattered below the kaiju. They refused to give up, however, and they kept believing in the Ultramen, giving their Ultra halves a new light and merged into one, thus becoming Ultraman Saga. The hero then continued his battle with Hyper Zetton. They were equally matched, and if the fight had continued any longer, Saga would have lost. Fortunately, with the help of Team U, the Fusion Ultraman managed to defeat Hyper Zetton, destroying him with the Maximum Saga, and the 3 Ultras defused back to normal.
Because of this fusion, Zero obtained the forms StrongCorona and LunaMiracle, which would help him out on his later journeys against Belial.
- Height: 58 m
- Weight: 45,000 t
- Jumping Distance: Around 55 m (Longest measured)
- Flight Speed: Mach 33
- Forehead Crystal: The crystal on Saga's forehead, it is a combination of Dyna's Dyna Crystal, Cosmos' forehead crystal and Zero's Beam Lamp. What powers it wields is unknown.
- Color Timer: Saga's Color Timer is unlike any other Ultra's in that it appears as an orb of light in the middle of an opening in his Ultra Armor. The closest other example of a Color Timer to it is Glen Fire's Fire Core.
- Saga Effect: A mysterious energy that permeates Saga's entire being. To channel this power he often uses the Saga Brace.
- Saga Brace: A brace held by Ultraman Saga that gives him most of his power. It is the transformed Ultimate Zero Bracelet. It wields the powerful Saga Effect energy for any of Saga's attacks.
- Ultra Armor: Saga's Ultra Armor is different from that of any other Ultra, it is asymmetrical and has crevices showing his inner light. It is however one of the strongest Ultra Armors known, being able to withstand blows from Hyper Zetton. It is stated that his body is sturdy enough to shatter Enmargo's sword and withstand the flames of Tyrant.
- Arm: It has been stated that Saga is strong enough to punch through King Joe Black's Pedanium armor, and is able to lift the monster Skydon.
- Saga Plasma: A blast of energy fired using his two hands. It is similar to Ultraman Mebius Burning Brave Mode's finisher, the Mebium Burst.
- Drill Saga: A powerful hitting technique, charged by energy directly from Saga's energy core.
- Saga Attacker: Saga flies towards his opponent at high speeds and attacks his opponent.
- Saga Puncher: A high speed, powerful punching technique
- Saga Thrasher: A ring of light that cuts through enemies, it is similar to Ultraman's Ultra Slash.
- Saga Triple Thrasher: The Saga Thrasher can be separated into three discs at will.
- Saga Shooter: Shots of light fired from his hand. Synonymous with hand slashes used by other Ultras.
- Saga Cutter: A powerful blade made from the Saga Brace.
- Saga Spinner: A technique where Saga uses his feet to hit his opponent consecutive times.
- Saga Acceleration: Ultraman Saga uses this technique to teleport.
- Saga Maximum: Ultraman Saga's strongest attack, it's an ultimately powerful punch made of energy.
- Saga Protection: Saga crosses his arms and erects an unseen energy wave of the Saga Effect that acts as a force field around his entire body. Used to counter Hyper Zetton's Dark Fireball.
Toy Release Information
The Ultraman Saga figure was released by Bandai before the movie was created. There are two versions of toys, EX and #13. The EX version was released in December 23, 2011 (Movie Announcement ver.) & Febuary 25, 2012 (Regular ver.), height 6 inches and the color timer can glow in the dark. The 2nd version, released in July 14 2012, was a replacement for Ultra Hero Series #13 (Ultraman Powered).
- Ultraman Saga is the fourth Heisei Super Ultraman, the first being Ultraman Tiga, and second being Ultraman Legend, and third being Ultraman Mebius.
- Ultraman Saga could be based off of another one of Tsuburaya Prods. old tokusatsu heroes, Triple Fighter.
- Originally, Saga was supposed to be born of a fusion of Ultraman Legend, Ultraman Mebius Infinity Mode, Ultraman Dyna and Zero. He was intended to fight Dark Lucifer (Dark Zagi's intended final form). However only Zero, Dyna and Cosmos made it into the final draft.
- Ultraman Saga has an uncanny resemblance to the main character of Ultraman: Another Genesis, Blast. They look so similar that Blast was misidentified as Saga since his novels came out before the movie.
- Ultraman Saga's name is similar to Kamen Rider Saga from Kamen Rider Kiva.
- Ultraman Saga is the first Ultra who can teleport quickly, without using a mass amount of energy. It is unknown if Ultramen such as King, Noa or Legend can do this as well.
- Ultraman Saga is the third Ultra and the second Super Ultra who bares the color purple. The first is Ultraman King, second Ultraman Tiga, and the first super Ultra, Ultraman Legend.
- Counting the most recent fusion Ultra, Ultraman Ginga Victory, Saga is the first fusion Ultra that bares crystal-like spikes on his back and head.