|This article is about a/an series entry (the 6th) in the Ultra Series.|
|Format:||Science fiction, action, adventure|
|Created by:||Tsuburaya Productions|
|Starring:||Saburo Shinoda, Takahiko Tōno, Yumi Asakama|
|Country Of Origin||Japan|
|Number Of Episode||53|
|Running Time||24 minutes (per episode)|
|Original Air Date||April 6, 1973|
|Preceed by||Ultraman Ace|
Ultraman Taro (ウルトラマンT(タロウ) Urutoraman Tarō?) is the 6th show in the Ultra Series that was produced by Tsuburaya Productions. This series aired on Tokyo Broadcasting System from April 6, 1973 to April 5, 1974, with a total of 53 episodes.
Taro is one of the most typical name of a boy in otogi-banashis, or, Japanese fairy tales. The producer said, 'Ultraman Taro is going to be the fairy tale in the Ultra Series.'
Kotaro Higashi wanted to be a championship boxer. However, fate had other plans as he fell thousands of feet from the Earth after Astromons, a new creature in the third age of monsters, shook him off. The Five Ultra Brothers brought Kotaro's body to their home world of Nebula M-78 many years into the past. It was there that Mother of Ultra merged Kotaro with Ultraman Taro, who would now form the Six Ultra Brothers. Before merging with Kotaro, Taro spent many years to hone his skills similar to the original five Ultra Brothers by mimicking their attacks through battles from both the past and future. After the merge was complete, Kotaro was taken back to present day Earth being the human host of Taro and as Astromons was ravaging a city Kotaro turned into Taro. Not long after Astromons's defeat Kotaro joined ZAT and fought in a new era of kaiju. Many foes were found that would threaten the Earth, but Taro and ZAT defeated them time and again with occasional help from the other five Ultra Brothers from the weaklings to monsters only Taro could defeat. After Samekujira attacked and Valkie fled Kotaro wanted to show the other Ultras he wanted to keep his humanity by no longer wanting to be Taro's host. Thus, he is one of the few Ultra human hosts to sever his relation with an Ultra Warrior.
ZAT (Zariba of All Territory) MembersEdit
- Main article: Zariba of All Territory
- Captain Yuuta Asahina
- Kotarou Higashi: He serves as the human host of Ultraman Taro.
- Deputy Captain Shuuhei Aragaki: In many episodes, Aragaki leads the troops. Aragaki is absent near the end of the series and a new deputy captain takes his place.
- Jirou Nishida: He leaves for space station V9.
- Tadao Nanbara
- Tetsuya Kitajima
- Assistant Izumi Moriyama
- Main article: List of Ultraman Taro monsters
- Like The Sun, Mother of Ultra
- At That Moment The Mother of Ultra Was
- The Mother of Ultra Always
- Big Sea Turtle Monsters Attack Tokyo!
- Parent Star, Child Star, First Star
- Jewel's are The Monster's Fodder
- Heaven And Hell have Moved!
- Dead Spirits of the Man-Eating Marsh
- The Day That Tokyo Crumbles
- The Fang Cross is a Monster's Grave!
- The Blood-Sucking Flower is Young Girl's Spirit
- Monster's Solo Journey
- Monster's Cavity Hurts!
- Taro's Head Got Chopped Off!
- Young Girl of the Blue Will-o-the-Wisp
- The Monster's Flute Sounds
- Two Big Monster's Close In On Taro!
- Taro Died! Zoffy Died Too!
- The Ultra Mother Miracle Of Love
- A Monster Came Raining Down
- Tokyo Newtown Sinking
- The Wrath Of A Child-Carrying Monster!
- Gentle Daddy Monster!
- This Is The land Of Ultra!
- Burn On! The Six Ultra Brothers
- I Can Conquer Monsters Too!
- He's Out!-It's Mephiras-Seijin!
- Monster Eleking Barks At The Full Moon!
- Bemstar Resurrected! Taro Absolutely Expires!
- Counterattack!(The Monster Army)
- Danger! Lying Poison Mushroom
- A Nipping Wind Monster!
- Five Seconds Before The Great Explosion Of The Land Of Ultra!
- The Last Day Of The Six Ultra Brothers!
- Certain Kill! Taro's One Blow Of Rage!
- Coward! The Breed Cried
- Monster, Return To Your Homeland!
- The Ultra Christmas Tree
- Ultra Father And Son Big Mochi-Making Strategy
- Go Beyond The Ultra Brothers!
- Mother's Wish-A Mid-Winter Cherry Blossom Blizzard
- The Phantom Mother Is A Monster User!
- Pickle The Monster With Salt!
- Oh! Taro Is Being Eaten!
- She Was Wearing Red Shoes...
- The White Rabbit Is A Bad Guy!
- The Monster Master
- Monster Girl's Festival
- Sing! Monster Big Match
- The Monster Sign Is V
- The Ultra Father And The Bride Have Come
- Steal The Ultra Life!
- Farewell Taro! The Ultra Mother!
- Ultraman: Great Monster Decisive Battle: New group shot footage.
- The 6 Ultra Brothers vs. the Monster Army: Features Ultraman Taro, Hannuman the Monkey God, and Mother of Ultra with the Ultrabrothers. A Thai-produced film.
- Ultraman Story: Ultraman Taro figures prominently in this tale, which retcons the story of his origin. In episode one of the Ultraman Taro series he was shown born as an adult, yet Ultraman Taro is here seen as a child, growing up with and being trained by Ultra Father and Mother. Later in the film he joins with the Ultra Brothers to defeat Grand King.
- Mebius and Brothers: Ultraman Taro helps Ultraman Mebius and the Ultra Brothers to defeat U-Killersaurus Neo. In the movie, all the Ultraman brothers combined with Ultraman Mebius to become Ultraman Mebius infinite.
- Ultraman Mebius: In episode 29 and 30, Ultraman Taro helps Ultraman Mebius to defeat Imperiser. He was shown to use his Ultra Dynamite during the conflict. It should also be noted that due to the aforementioned separation of Taro from his human host, Ultraman Taro never appeared in human form in the Ultraman Mebius series. When Taro arrived on Earth it was in the form of an energy sphere.
- Mega Monster Battle: Ultra Galaxy: Ultraman Taro has a one-on-one battle with antagonist Belial in space. During the movie, he also uses his body to keep the final light alive and prevent the Land of Light from being destroyed.
- Imagin Anime 3: You Will Find the Ultra Planet: Ultraman Taro makes a cameo in the episode.
- The Ultra Brothers appeared frequently in this series and it was in their later appearances that drastically changed how they appear. Examples include: Ultras with orange eyes, Jack sharing the same suit as Ultraman with more silver than red, Ultraseven without ears, and finally, Jack with red gloves and boots.
- While filming Ultraman Taro, Tsuburaya also filmed the series Jumborg Ace and Fireman. These show were made to celebrate Tsuburaya's 10th Anniversary.